How to Turn off Voice Guide on Samsung TV (All Models) – Technastic
If you have an Android device, you should be familiar with intercom and accessibility features that help people with low vision. include voice guidance, high contrast, grayscale, text and menu area magnification, and sign language. once enabled, the voice assistant begins giving an audio description of the television’s menu and options. if you have enabled this feature, here is an easy way to disable voice guidance on samsung smart tvs.
tips to stop samsung tv from talking by turning off audio description will work for all models. Whether you have a Samsung 5-Series, 6-Series. 7-Series, 8-Series, 9-Series, QLED or SUHD TV, you can turn off the voice guidance feature on all of them. i tried it on my q70r but it should work on a wide range of samsung tv models including q60t, q70t, q80t, q95t, q60r, q80r, q90r, q90t, q8c, q950t, q800t, q900r, q6f, q7f etc. you should also keep your tv up to date by updating your samsung tv automatically or via usb.
what is voice guidance?
Voice Guide is a voice assistant or narrator on Samsung Smart TVs that provides audio description of all menu items and options. In addition, it also provides audio feedback when you switch to connected devices such as a set-top box or streaming services such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar, etc. Furthermore, it will also tell you all the details like movie names and descriptions when you browse online streaming services.
The voice guidance feature is similar to the intercom feature on Android TVs. Fortunately, turning off voice guidance on Samsung TV is much easier than disabling talkback on Android devices. This accessibility feature can be useful for some people, especially those with low vision. however, if you can read everything easily and don’t need a voice assistant, you may find voice guidance loud and annoying.
annoying?? yes, it really is! i recently bought a samsung q70r series. one day my son was in charge of the tv remote and started playing with it. he somehow he went into the tv settings and turned on the voice guide feature. Upon returning home, I found a TV that kept giving an audio description that sounded like an irritating voiceover. Besides, you can also uninstall the default apps on your Samsung smart TV.
turn off voice guidance on samsung tv
method 1: Hold down the volume button
Well, this is the easiest method to go directly to the accessibility shortcuts on your samsung tv. actually, I discovered it accidentally while trying to do something else.
- Press and hold the Volume button on your Samsung Smart Remote.
- by doing so, you will directly access the voice guidance option. simply press the center/select button to deactivate voice guidance.
- press the home button on your samsung tv smart remote.
- press the left side of the round directional pad on your remote, go to settings and press the center button to open it.
- When the settings menu is open, highlight the general option.
- now, press the center button or the right side of the directional pad on your remote to open the general settings menu.
- navigate to the accessibility option by pressing the bottom side of the directional control and open it.
- among the accessibility options, you will see voice guidance settings .
- Opens voice guidance settings.
- As you can see in the screenshot above, voice guidance is currently enabled. just press the center button and it will turn off.
- press and hold the microphone button on your remote.
- say “voice guidance off”, or “voice guidance off”.
- press the menu/123 button on the samsung tv remote.
- select menu > system or configuration.
- now, select accessibility > voice guidance.
- select voice guidance again.
- press the select key on the remote control and select off to turn voice guidance off.
- press the menu button on your samsung tv remote control.
- navigate to sound or sound mode using the directional arrow buttons and press ok.
- now go to the broadcast option and select audio language.
- if audio description is enabled on your samsung tv, you will see an ad in selected english. here “announcement” means “audio description”.
- switch to “english” only to disable audio description.
- on some Samsung TV models, you can enable or disable the audio description simply by holding down the menu button for a few seconds.
method 2: via accessibility settings
let’s see how we can make a samsung tv stop talking in a few easy steps by navigating to settings > general > accessibility > voice guidance settings > voice guidance. for detailed instructions with screenshots, see below.
turn off voice guidance using voice command
if your samsung tv remote has a microphone button, you can disable voice guidance by:
I have created a list of hundreds of bixby, alexa and google home voice commands for samsung tv that you can use to control your tv using your voice.
on older Samsung TVs (2014-2018)
If you have an older series Samsung TV, please follow the quick steps below to turn off voice guidance.
disable audio description on samsung tv (2008-2013)
I was recently notified by one of our visitors that the steps above didn’t work because the accessibility menu was not available on his 2010 Samsung 6 Series LED TV. If you have a Samsung TV released between 2008 and 2013, please follow the steps below. below to turn off audio description.
After you turn off the voice guide feature on your Samsung Smart TV, it will get rid of the annoying voice description. Some Samsung TV users reported that they still get voiceover on their TV after turning off voice guidance. Since voice guidance and bixby are the only features that provide voice output, you should also try disabling bixby on your TV to get rid of audio description completely.
read below: samsung smart tv error codes and how to fix them