You’re never really alone.
Anytime you want, you have the option to get in touch with your spirit guide, a powerful energy that is dedicated to caring for you, supporting you, and being an ever-present force of loving-kindness in your life.
While many who have crossed over to the other side of this physical existence may care for and watch over us, a spirit guide is someone with whom we share a particularly close connection. he’s not even necessarily someone you knew in life. so how do you know your spirit guide?
how to contact your spirit guide
This spirit guide meditation is designed to help you connect with your personal spirit guide. As you work with your guide, you will become more in tune with your energy and walk closer to yourself on your life’s path.
Before you begin, I suggest you have a notepad or journal by your side and a pen to write down your experience at the end of your meditation. set aside 10-15 minutes to prepare for meditation.
- Go to your quiet space. It’s important that you find a place where you won’t be distracted by your phone, family members, or any outside disturbances. It is important that in this space you feel comfortable, safe and calm. your inner world needs to be calm and still, not just your outer world.
- turn your attention away from your thoughts and inner dialogue. in this place of stillness, it is important to begin to settle your thoughts. this means stopping not only your to-do lists and worries, but also the ideas and sparks of inspiration that may arise in the quiet of your mind. To get to an absent place of thought, I suggest you watch the light show behind your eyelids. become a bystander.
- turn your attention to your breath. when thoughts start to come up, and they will, it helps to focus on your breath. your breathing should be steady. through the nose, take a deep, generous inhalation. through the nose, send a deep, relaxing exhalation. imagine the inhalation nourishing all the cells of your body and imagine your body relaxing and freeing itself from worries with the exhalation.
- imagine beams of golden energy within and around you; really feel its warmth. Imagine golden rays of light coming from above, through the crown of your head and filling it with new healing energy. feel the warmth and healing surging through you. welcome the light and this revitalizing energy of love.
- start a positive thought (i.e. focus on everything you are grateful for). talk to yourself about everything you are grateful for, everything you love about yourself and your life. in this place of self-love and gratitude you open yourself to communication with the energy that lives in love and gratitude. your spirit guide resides in this energy.
You are now ready to enter your sacred garden, the safe place within you for healing, and communicate with your spirit guide.
meeting your spirit guide
step 1: know your sacred place
Imagine you are entering a beautiful and magical garden. in this place you are safe, you are infinitely loved and you are accepted as you are. this is a place where you can be healed, where you can regain your composure, and where you can get answers to your questions.
Your sacred garden may look familiar. you may feel like you’ve been there before, or you may feel like it’s somehow familiar. take some time to look around you and notice what is there. take a walk and look around; try to notice as much as possible.
step 2: meet your spirit guide
Now is the time to ask your spirit guide to introduce himself. ask with the feeling of expectation and love. like he was excited to meet his best friend for the first time.
who is your guide? be sure to notice the details about them. know that there is no right or wrong address.
ask your spirit guide for their name.
step 3: meet your spirit guide
Now is the time to meet your spirit guide. you can ask questions or you can just watch. What do you notice about your interaction with your spirit guide? how do you feel?
step 4: rest in gratitude
thank you to your spirit guide for joining you in this inner sacred place. it is comforting to know that there is a sacred place where you can go in meditation to feel safe and accepted. visit this place as many times as you want.
exploring your experience
When you’re ready to open your eyes, before you do anything else, grab your notepad and pen and start writing about your experiences.
- details about your sacred garden: what is your sacred garden like? describe it in as much detail as you want. There are trees? there’s water? do you see animals? it may not even be a garden at all; maybe it’s a beach, a quiet forest, or any other favorite place of peace and comfort. what does it smell like? Do you smell flowers, trees? the salty ocean breeze? do you smell food, spices in the air?
- details about your spirit guide: what are they like? Does your spirit guide have a name? what kind of energy does your spirit guide carry? How does it feel to be in his presence?
- your sacred garden q & amp; a: did you ask questions in your garden? if so, did you get answers? Did your spirit guide respond or did you feel the response? list the questions he asked. list your answers.
As time goes on, you may find that you can use this place as your own inner spiritual workshop, getting answers to questions, finding solutions, solving problems, and creatively working with your reality.
read more about how to contact your spirit guide: “5 ways to connect with your spirit guide”.