WiZ smart lights are known for their exceptional value, and you’ll be able to enjoy several automation features by pairing up these lights with Alexa. It might not be the best brand in the market, but the pricing is decent enough, and you will get plenty of models with this brand.
So if you’re thinking of upgrading the lighting setup in your home, sticking with wiz lights isn’t a bad choice. Setting up Wiz lights is quite simple and you can connect it with Alexa to enjoy voice controls. The following steps to connect wiz lights to alexa will help you connect smart lights with automation assistant.
a guide on how to connect wiz lights to alexa
To set up your wiz smart lights with alexa, you will first need to enable the integration through the wiz app, and then go to the alexa app for further settings. ideally, it will take no more than ten minutes to fully set up your lights with the smart assistant. so follow these steps if you are not sure how to connect wiz lights to alexa.
- To get started, you’ll need to sign in to your Amazon account in the Alexa app and complete the initial setup. Otherwise, the Wiz lights will not appear in the Alexa app after you are done enabling the integration from the official Wiz app. So please make sure the amazon account is signed in alexa beforehand.
- Now, you can open the wiz app on your mobile device and go to the settings tab. this will give you access to the integration option. you can tap on amazon alexa and proceed to link your account.
- after accessing the amazon alexa integration, just use your credentials to log in to the amazon account and the lights will be ready to use with the alexa app. Make sure you use the amazon account that is currently connected to the alexa app on your phone.
- once the integration setup is complete via the wiz app, you can launch the alexa app and continue with the settings. from the alexa app, you need to navigate to the smart home tab and then click on discover devices to access all the wiz lights that are currently paired with your amazon account.
- finally, you just have to finalize settings and group wiz lights according to room names for desired automation performance. this would complete the connection of the wiz lights with the alexa app, and you won’t have to bother with any more steps.
There are no complicated steps involved when it comes to pairing alexa with wiz lights. These steps are usually enough to connect Alexa with your smart lights, but there have been some reports where users had to set up the Alexa integration manually. So, if you haven’t been successful in linking your amazon account directly, be sure to refer to the instructions for manual setup, and that will make the smart assistant work perfectly.
how to manually connect wiz lights to alexa?
If you have not been successful with the steps mentioned above, you will need to select the wiz app manual integration option and then enable the wiz skill. this will give you a code to paste into the alexa app.
once you have access to the pairing code, open the alexa app and navigate to the skills section. Find smart skill wiz by searching the store and installing it in the app. Enabling this skill will only take a second, and you can paste the code into the skill after it has been enabled.
now you just have to confirm the code and then proceed with the automation settings to control the smart lights. there are no more steps involved, and the only thing different from setting up alexa manually is the use of a pairing code.
Please note that this code is valid for a few minutes and you will need to request a new code from the wiz app when you wait too long. so make sure you are quick with the setup and paste the code into the wiz skill in the alexa app.