binance chain wallet is the official binance cryptocurrency wallet to access binance smart chain, binance chain and ethereum. you can use it to securely store your crypto and connect to thousands of projects on different blockchains.
Whether you’re looking to trade bnb for other tokens, mint nfts, or do yield farming, you can do it all easily with the browser extension wallet. the binance chain wallet is currently compatible with chrome, firefox and brave.
Reading: How to connect wallet to binance
what makes the binance chain wallet unique?
at first glance, the binance chain wallet looks like other extension-based wallets. however, there are a few features that set the binance chain wallet apart from the rest. If you already have a Binance account, you can easily link it to your wallet with Wallet Direct. this feature saves you from copying and pasting addresses when transferring digital assets between the two.
- via your gmail login
- using your local device
- with your account password created during setup
set up binance chain wallet
2. after installing the extension, you will see the registration page. In this example, we are going to create a new wallet with a gmail account.
3. click [create wallet] and then select [continue with tkey via: g].
4. A popup will appear asking you to log in with gmail. tkey and binance chain wallet will use your gmail account as a way to authenticate your identity in the future if necessary.
5. the next step is to create a password that can act as a second layer of protection in case you lose your private key.
You should never share your opening phrase with anyone. treat it similar to a bank account password or pin. if you lose it, you can still get access to your binance chain wallet using your email address in combination with your tkey password.
7. click continue once you are sure you have safely stored the opening phrase.
deposit bnb with direct wallet
if you already have some bnb in your binance spot wallet, you can connect your account with your binance chain wallet using the [wallet direct] feature.
1. click the icon at the top right of the wallet home page and then click [connect to binance.com account].
2. log in to your binance account and click [verify and connect my address].
3. now you will see a popup asking you to [connect to the wallet]. clicking here will open the binance chain wallet, where you can click [connect].
4. You will then need to give permission for your wallet to sign the binance message. this step verifies that you are the owner of the wallet and allows you to connect.
5. Once you’ve completed the steps above, you’ll need to go through Binance’s authentication process as a final layer of security. if you have 2fa linked to your account, you’ll need to use it as well.
7. To start transferring funds from your binance account, click the [receive] button and choose [wallet direct].
8. you will now see the balance of your assets available for transfer.
depositing from another wallet
You can also deposit directly from another wallet. In this example, we will transfer bnb from our binance account wallet to the binance chain wallet.
2. in your binance chain wallet, click [binance chain native token] and then [receive].
add new tokens to your binance chain wallet list
1. after setting up your binance chain wallet, by default you will only see your bnb balance. you can add more currencies by searching the available list by clicking the [+] button.
2. find the token you want to add and click the checkbox. in this example we have added binance-peg ether. your wallet will continue to accept deposits of a token even if you haven’t marked it on the list. verifying a token simply makes the balance visible.
connecting the binance chain wallet to the binance smart chain
it is easy to interact with binance smart chain using your binance chain wallet. It only takes a couple of clicks and you can start staking, trading and interacting with dapps. let’s take a look at how to connect with pancakeswap. almost all dapps will have the same user interface to connect your wallet.
1. click the [connect] button in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. select [binance chain wallet]. Please note that not all dapps will support the use of the binance chain wallet.
3. a popup will appear asking if you want to connect to the dapp. click the [connect] button to confirm.
4. your wallet address should now appear in the top right corner.