WiFi connections are essential when streaming from your smartphone, laptop, or smart TV. You can stream using various streaming services, such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, and others. however, smart TVs are what most people use for streaming, due to their larger screens and more vivid colors.
Reading: How to connect tv without wifi
But what if you don’t have any Wi-Fi available near you? maybe your wifi keeps disconnecting? can you stream to a tv without wifi? In this guide, we’ll look at various options for streaming from a phone to a smart TV without using a Wi-Fi connection.
how to mirror phone to tv without wifi
mirror your phone screen using airplay (ios devices only)
If you have saved some movies, videos or other related media on your iPhone, you can mirror your phone to your TV without using a Wi-Fi connection. however, this requires that you have a third generation apple tv running version 7 or higher.
note: because this only mirrors your iphone screen, you can’t stream from popular streaming services like youtube, netflix and others as they need an internet connection.
To mirror your iphone to an apple tv using airplay, follow these steps:
- Turn your iPhone’s Wi-Fi off by going to settings > wifi then disable it. alternatively, from the bottom of the screen, swipe up to open control center. tap the wifi icon to turn it off .
- Also, turn off the wifi settings on your apple tv. go to settings > network > forget this network.
- then enable bluetooth settings on your apple tv and iphone. on your iphone, go to settings > bluetooth then tap the switch to turn it on or open control center and tap the bluetooth icon to toggle it on. b>
- then on your apple tv go to settings > bluetooth and turn it on .
- go to settings > airplay and tap the all option.
- on your iphone, turn wifi back on. go to the control center and find the name of your apple tv.
- select it to connect. now you can watch the movies and series saved on your iphone using your apple tv.
if you’re streaming to a vizio tv and this method doesn’t work, check out our guide on how to set up airplay on a vizio tv.
if you liked this information about iphone, please read how to record calls on iphone without an app.
mirror the screen of an android device on your smart TV
- on your android phone, go to settings > Wi-Fi Direct and enable the feature.
- then, on your smart TV, go to settings > Wi-Fi Direct and let it search for nearby devices.
- On your phone, select the smart TV name to start a connection with your TV.
- OK the connection on your smart tv. now you can watch all the movies, series or other media saved on your android phone. not sure where your files are? find items saved on your android phone.
mirror your device using bluetooth
You can mirror your smartphone to a smart TV by using bluetooth. It’s made possible by Miracast technology that’s built into most modern smart TVs today. It primarily uses a bluetooth connection on both your smartphone and smart TV.
Here’s how to mirror your phone to your TV using bluetooth:
- turn on your smart TV and go to settings > connectivity > bluetooth and turn it on .
- Also, on your phone, go to settings > bluetooth and turn it on.
- in the list of bluetooth devices, find your smart TV and tap to connect.
- once connected , now you can play your movies and series saved in the gallery of your phone.
Tip: If you have enough mobile credits or mobile data, you can also activate it to search for movies directly in the streaming apps installed on your device.
We have even more methods in our guide to cast Oculus Quest to your TV without Chromecast. so if you’re still stuck, check out that article too.
how to stream phone to tv without wifi
chromecast (android and ios)
chromecast is a screencasting service developed and owned by google. To do this method, you will need a chromecast device to connect to the back of your smart TV. This little device then connects to your smartphone using the Google Chromecast app. it is also compatible with ios and android devices.
Important: Instead of using Wi-Fi, you can use a mobile data connection on your phone and set up a personal hotspot. here’s how to do it:
on an android device:
- go to settings > connections.
- Then, find and tap mobile hotspot & tethering.
- toggle mobile hotspotto onand turn your mobile dataon settings > connections, then tap the mobile data option to activate.
on an ios device:
- go to settings > cellular then switch cellular data to on.
- go back and navigate to personal hotspot and tap allow others to join.
To stream from your phone to TV without wifi using chromecast, follow these steps:
- turn on your smart tv and plug the chromecast device into one of the tv’s hdmi ports. plug the other end into a power source.
- press and hold the power button until a blinking light appears.
- in addition to your smart TV, you need two other devices, either two smartphones or a laptop and a smartphone, for this to work.
- open your smartphone and turn on both the point personal access and the mobile data functions.
- connect your second device via wifi. turn on wi-fi and select your personal hotspot name.
- then using the google home app, open chromecast and connect to your hotspot”. personal access.
- set up the chromecast device and let the google home app search for your chromecast device.
- once it is detected, click yes.
- pair both devices by checking the generated codes displayed on your phone and on your smart TV screen.
- then choose your mobile hotspot as your network for chromecast.
- now you can search and watch movies from various chromecast compatible streaming apps.
use an ethernet connection
when wifi signals are not the best in your area, you can use an ethernet cableor a connection to use chromecast. all you will need is a chromecast device and an ethernet adapter and cable.
See also: How to set up the Wyze Cam v3 – Dignited
To connect to chromecast using an ethernet connection, do the following:
- turn on your smart TV and connect to the chromecast device using the hdmi plug.
- using your usb to ethernet adapter, connect connect the ethernet cable to one end and plug the other end into your chromecast device.
- You can now use chromecast to stream multiple movies from chromecast-enabled streaming services without a wifi connection.
use a lightning to hdmi connector (ios)
if you’re looking for a direct connection to both your iphone and smart tv, you can use an apple lightning to hdmi connector. With this device, you just need to plug the Lightning end into your iPhone and the other end into the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
now you can stream various contents from your iphone to your smart tv using your phone data or just casually surf the internet. We also have a simple solution if liquid is detected in the lightning connector.
use an android to hdmi connector (android)
Similarly, you can connect your android device via a usb adapter cable or a direct usb to hdmi cable. all you need to do is connect the usb cable to your phone and connect the hdmi end to the hdmi connector of your smart tv.
That way, you can stream your phone to a TV without a Wi-Fi connection. Also, you can use your mobile data to watch other streaming apps.
If these methods don’t work, we have a more complete guide on how to cast your phone to tv without wifi.
If you want to cast your phone to a smart TV, you will usually need a stable Wi-Fi connection. Not only can you access various streaming services, but you can also maximize most of the features of smart TVs with a wireless connection.
However, if you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection nearby, we hope this guide will help you cast various media content from your phone to your smart TV.