Does Walmart Have Wi-Fi? everything you need to know – Robot Powered Home
using mobile data during a shopping trip to your nearest walmart can be a challenge. I was never able to use high speed mobile data inside walmart and other supermarkets.
sometimes, I couldn’t even perform simple tasks like making a call or sending a message due to connectivity issues.
It may sound strange, but metal is the real culprit behind weak mobile signals. a large piece of metal is used to build supermarket buildings, and telecommunications signals cannot fully penetrate.
I took some time to research online, going through technical articles and user forums. Instead of a mobile network, I discovered that Wi-Fi was the solution!
walmart has wi-fi and you can use it for free. go to wi-fi settings and search for “walmart wi-fi” to access it. click connect, and it should automatically connect to your device. Please note that you do not need a password to access Walmart Wi-Fi.
I also reviewed the walmart family app, how to use it, how long you can use wi-fi at walmart, how to stay safe on public wi-fi and other outlets that offer free wi-fi.
does walmart have wifi?
in 2006, walmart first introduced public wi-fi in its stores, after which it also saw a massive increase in sales and footfall.
It was extremely useful for people who spend hours inside supermarkets.
the lack of mobile signal and internet connectivity at any time in your life carries certain risks. and when you’re inside walmart, what you need most.
Use social media, send messages, make calls, or compare product prices online—all of these tasks require access to network connectivity. Inside a Walmart, these are only possible with access to your Wi-Fi connection.
is walmart wi-fi free to use?
Most Walmart stores have a Wi-Fi network that can be used for free. It is easily accessible as you do not have to enter any password to make a connection.
as uncle ben said, “with great wi-fi comes great limitations.”
there are certain restrictions that walmart imposes when you use their wi-fi.
When you agree to their terms and conditions, they receive data such as your search terms, urls, filenames to identify any illegal activity, such as viewing adult content or downloading copyrighted material.
Scroll down for more information!
how to access walmart wifi?
once you’re inside a walmart store, you can follow these simple steps to get access to free walmart wi-fi.
1. To get started, open the Wi-Fi settings on your device (same for iOS and Android devices).
2. activate wifi.
3. then click “walmart wi-fi” under the available networks tab, and it should automatically connect to your device without the need for a password.
The next time you visit the store, your device will automatically connect to the walmart store wireless network.
walmart family wifi app
The Walmart Family Wi-Fi App offers you a feature that lets your mobile connect to nearby Wi-Fi networks.
The app doesn’t even require you to turn your Wi-Fi on or off as it automatically detects available Wi-Fi connections near your device.
This feature helps you save your mobile data and get access to high-speed internet connectivity, all at no cost!
you can download it in the app store if you use an iphone. Android users can download the Walmart Family Wi-Fi app from the Google Play store.
is walmart wifi any good?
walmart wi-fi is a free public network with its own set of problems. First of all, it doesn’t give you the same internet speed in all areas within the store.
if you are in the walmart parking lot, you may not be able to access wifi at all. the short wi-fi range makes it impossible to access from remote areas.
Although it gets the job done with average internet speed, it can perform most activities with little inconvenience.
That said, walmart wi-fi makes it easy for customers to stay connected at zero cost.
how long can you use the walmart wi-fi?
You can use Walmart Wi-Fi as long as you can stay connected. But here’s the catch, Walmart holds the right to terminate its Wi-Fi service for you for any reason or limitations.
It is also recommended that you do not attempt to access adult content or download copyrighted materials, which increases the chances that the use of Walmart Wi-Fi on your device will be restricted.
other points of sale that offer free wi-fi
In addition to Walmart, several outlets offer free Wi-Fi to their customers.
here is a list of other outlets where you can use wi-fi without paying a single dollar:
- mall of america
- best buy
protect yourself on public wi-fi
While you must be excited about using the free Wi-Fi in your favorite shopping store, hackers are excited about your data and sensitive information.
Public Wi-Fi networks are an easy way for hackers to take important data or even your identity along with it.
This creates a great risk for everyone present on the compromised public network. Here are some ways you can protect yourself on public Wi-Fi.
1. check the name and check the wi-fi network to make sure it is not a trap for hackers. Fake Wi-Fi networks are often set up, and connecting to such a network keeps you at risk of data theft or worse. therefore, you should always choose a trusted public wifi and not a fake one.
2. turn off “file sharing” when on a public Wi-Fi network. this will prevent your files from being tracked and will ensure that the data on your device is safe. On some devices, this feature is turned on by default. however, it is always recommended to use it judiciously and verify that the Wi-Fi network can be trusted before turning on file sharing.
3. VPN – Using a VPN is a great way to add an extra layer of security when connected to a public Wi-Fi network. a vpn or virtual private network helps you mask your identity. Most of your online data is masked when you use a VPN. thus, the ip address, identity and location of the device also become secure.
4. stay on encrypted sites: If the connection between the browser and the web server is encrypted, your data will be safe from any threat. To ensure that the website you are visiting is encrypted, look for “https” in front of the website address. another indication of an encrypted website is a “padlock” symbol before the web address.
5. Firewall: You should always turn on your firewall protection when browsing the internet using a public Wi-Fi network. can help prevent hackers from gaining external access to your device and data.
when you connect to walmart wi-fi, it also gets access to your search terms and internet activity. You can follow the steps above if you don’t want to share your data or protect your identity while using public Wi-Fi.
contact walmart staff
If you still have questions on your mind about free Wi-Fi in Walmart, you can just talk to a member of Walmart Staff or contact the Walmart customer service team at 1-800-925-6278.
you may also enjoy reading:
- does barnes and noble have wifi? all you need to know
- does ihop have wi-fi? [explained]
- how to install merkury smart wifi doorbell without an existing doorbell
final thoughts on walmart wi-fi
not having a fast and reliable cellular connection inside a walmart store could be annoying. free wi-fi solves the problem to some extent; however, mobile signal repeaters are on the rise.
Also known as signal boosters, they are typically used inside buildings and supermarkets with poor cell coverage.
You can also use one in remote areas in the middle of nowhere, where your cellular network is extremely weak.
It is compatible with most other mobile networks and significantly improves your internet speed performance.
The best thing about these network amplifiers is that they are completely legal and do not even have regularity problems.
This will also eliminate the problem of relying on public Wi-Fi networks, which may or may not be safe to use.
frequently asked questions
how does buying wi-fi from walmart work?
walmart offers free wi-fi to its customers. therefore, you do not need to pay for it!
how do i connect to walmart wifi?
follow these steps to connect to walmart wi-fi-
open your network settings, turn on wi-fi and click walmart wi-fi from the list of available networks.
is walmart wifi secure?
Walmart Wi-Fi is believed to be secure, however, when using public Wi-Fi, you should always take precautions to stay safe and prevent any data loss or theft.
does walmart wifi need a password?
no, you don’t need a password to access walmart wi-fi.