with a roku device, you can stream videos, music, and photos from your iphone to your tv. For example, you can watch your YouTube videos on a larger screen or listen to music through its surround sound speakers. You can even use your iPhone as a remote to control what’s playing on your TV. here’s how to stream content from your iphone to a roku device.
If you want to see your iPhone full screen on your TV, check out our step-by-step guide on how to mirror your iPhone to your TV here.
Reading: How to connect roku with iphone
how to send content from your iphone to a roku device
to stream content from your iphone to your roku, go to settings > system > screen mirroring and choose to always request or allow. then tap the cast icon in an app on your iphone or download the roku app and go to devices > means.
note: it is important that your iphone and roku device are on the same wifi network. You can find out which Wi-Fi network your Roku device is connected to by going to Settings > network > about on your roku device. then you can change your wifi network by going to settings > network > configure the connection and select wireless.
- Go to Settings on your Roku device. You can find this by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote and pressing the left directional button. Then scroll to the bottom of the list in the left sidebar.
- Then choose System. You can do this by pressing the OK button on your remote or pressing the right directional button.
- Next, choose Screen mirroring.
- Then click Screen Mirroring Mode and choose Prompt or Always allow. Click the OK button on your remote to choose one of the selected options. You can tell which one you selected by looking for the checkmark next to it.
- Then tap the cast icon in the app. You can find this button on YouTube after tapping a video you are watching.
- Then choose your Roku device from the pop-up list. If you do not see your Roku device listed, make sure to check out our guide on how to set up your Roku device here.
You can also stream videos, music, and photos that you have stored on your iPhone to your Roku device. here’s how:
how to stream content from your iphone using the roku app
To stream content from the Roku app, first download and install the Roku app. then open the app and go to devices > means
- download and install the roku app on your smartphone. You can find the app for iphone in the apple app store or for android devices in the google play store.
- Then open the roku app and tap on devices. It’s at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, select your Roku device from the list.
- then touch media. make sure you select media for the correct roku device.
- finally, select the music, photos or videos you want to stream.
If you want to use your iPhone as a Roku remote, check out our guide on how to use your Roku without a remote.
hellotech editors choose the products and services we write about. when you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.