How To Pair Your Remote and DISH Receiver | DISH Network
Learning to pair your dish remote with your receiver is tedious but not difficult. Whether you’re replacing a lost satellite dish remote or updating your entire setup, this process is quick and easy.
Just by following a few steps, the pairing process should finish within a few minutes. you will be able to resume programming in no time.
how do i program my dish remote to my tv receiver?
The first thing to do before you start programming your dish remote to your TV is to find out what type of remote control model you have. there are several models available. and their settings are sometimes a bit different.
what remote control do I have?
dish network provides a guide for customers to differentiate between all types of remote controls that come with their products. Click on the model that most closely resembles your remote. Once you know which remote you have, you can follow the steps below.
If you’re replacing an old remote control, it’s important to make sure your new equipment is compatible with your setup. this is not something that applies to customers setting up a new machine, as it is assumed that you are receiving a driver with a receiver as a package.
If your remote is compatible, you’ll notice it has a dish logo on the bottom. Sometimes when you replace your dish remote with a new one, the menu button or home button may look different. you can always call dish if you think this limits usability.
find pairing code
Most advanced remotes pair instantly without a code. but if your dish’s remote doesn’t do this automatically, you can look up the correct code in your device’s instruction manual. or you can look through the dish’s remote guide and see which remote you have.
program the remote to the receiver
- On the front panel of your receiver, you will see a series of buttons. press the button on the front that says system info.
- now take a look at your remote. locate the sat button and press it.
- right after you press the sat button, the system information screen will appear. once this happens, click done and you’re all set.
- in case the screen doesn’t clear after the process is done, hit the cancel or back button and repeat the first three steps.
enter pairing code
Now that your dish remote is paired, your receiver will ask you to enter the pairing code. once you enter it, you’re ready to go.
how do i connect my dish remote to my tv?
Before starting this process, see what device you have set up on your TV. the instructions for the hopper family receivers and the vip model receivers are slightly different.
how to pair your remote with hopper / joey / wally
- depending on which remote you have, press the home button twice or the menu button twice.
- select settings.
- scroll down to that you can select the remote control.
- arrow to the device codes you want to learn and select.
- choose the appropriate pairing wizard for your device.
- follow the on-screen prompts to complete the configuration.
how to program your dish remote for vip receivers
- point your remote at the device you want to pair with. press and hold the mode button you want to program. you will see all the buttons light up.
- this is where you will enter the three digit remote control code.
- if you are programming everything in auxiliary mode, you will first need to press the next number before enter the appropriate code.
- 0 for a TV (ie if the TV’s code is 700, you will enter 0700).
- 1 for a dvd or vcr player
- 2 for any other device
- once you go, enter the corresponding code, press the # button.
- the mode button you selected at the beginning of the process will flash three times.
- then press the power button on your dish’s remote. if the device turns off, the process completed successfully.
do universal remotes work with dish network?
absolutely. dish network wants to make it easy for their customers to enjoy watching television.
Every time you receive a dish network receiver, you will also receive a dish remote with it. but if you prefer to pair other remotes with the receiver, you won’t have any trouble setting them up.
Which parabolic remote you end up using doesn’t matter much in the long run. once you pair it with the receiver, you will have access to the usual features. You’ll be able to turn the TV on and off with the power buttons, control the volume buttons, and adjust the recording settings just like you would with a satellite dish remote.
how do i program my universal remote to my dish?
programming any type of remote control is easy. all you have to do is follow a few simple steps so you can start pairing your new remote.
- Take a look at the front panel of your receiver. you will notice that there are several buttons on it. press the system info button.
- now take a look at your remote. locate the button that says sat. press it.
- press the record button.
- after pressing the record button, a new screen will appear on your TV that says system information. once you see this selection made.
how to program a universal remote to a dish network receiver
Just like you would pair your universal remote with your satellite dish, connecting your remote to a satellite receiver only takes a few minutes.
- Locate the sat button on the front of your remote. hold it down for a few seconds until you see the other mode buttons light up.
- once the other buttons start flashing, press the 3-digit remote code: 000. this is your pairing code.
- once you enter the 3 digit code, press the power button and see if your receiver turns off.
- if your receiver turns off, everything is programmed correctly. just press the power button again to turn the TV back on.
- If the receiver does not turn off after pressing the power button, take a deep breath and repeat the first three steps.
how do i reset my dish remote?
The easiest way to do this is to unpair and pair the remote as a way to reset it. this process only takes two simple steps.
- on the front panel of your receiver, press the system info button.
- once you press the system info button, use the arrows to select unpair.
This will unpair your remote from your device. wait a few minutes and re-pair the remote with your receiver.
how do i program my dish network remote without a code?
It is possible to bind your remote control without a code. but keep in mind that this process varies depending on the model of remote you have.
how to program remote models 40.0, 50.0, 52.0 and 54.0 without code
- Locate the home button on your dish remote and press it twice.
- If your remote doesn’t have a home button, press the menu button twice.
- Once you do this, a screen will appear. go to settings and select remote control on the screen.
- now you will see the devices on the screen. select the correct device you wish to pair your satellite dish remote with.
- from the options in the displayed menu, select the pairing wizard.
- once you do this, Different marks will appear on the screen. select the correct brand of device you want to connect to your dish remote.
- because you don’t have a code, the pairing wizard will ask you to try a number of different codes to see which one works .
- You will need to press the directional button up for volume or power to try the first code. if this doesn’t work, try the following code. continue until the pairing wizard finds the correct code.
- once the pairing is successful, select finish on the screen.
Programming your dish’s remote to a receiver shouldn’t give you a headache. but if you ever run into trouble during setup, you can always contact dish and ask them to help you over the phone.
Remember, whether you have a satellite dish remote or a universal remote, there is always a way to complete the setup successfully. Follow the steps in this article and you’ll be using your remote in no time.