There has been a lot of debate about when to use a calendar or a reminder and the advantages they have over each other.
Generally, calendars are used to schedule events and meetings while reminders are used to alert you to a specific task so you can take action.
Reading: How to connect reminders to calendar
The fact of the matter is that everyone uses both at their convenience. However, keeping track of calendar events and reminders can be quite a daunting task as you have to deal with two different iOS apps to create, edit and view them.
But what if we said there was a way to manage and add reminders and calendar events all in one place on your iPhone? that would be super effective, right?
so in this tutorial you will learn how to get reminders to appear in your iphone calendar. Not only that, all existing calendar reminders and events and new ones you create will be synced to the same place.
recommended: best apps for shift workers
add reminders to calendar on iphone
Currently, ios does not have the functionality to sync reminders with the calendar.
However, there are plenty of free and paid apps that can help you do just that. we tried a couple of free apps and they worked for free.
note: the best thing about these apps is that the events and reminders you create, edit or delete in them will be synced with the calendar and reminders app for ios and vice versa. true.
show reminders in calendar app
- download and install any.do from the app store. you will see a circle with a square in the middle showing the progress of your download.
- after installation is complete, open the app and then enable notifications for any.do app.
- then sign in with your apple id, google, facebook or other email strong> . this entirely depends on your preference. this tutorial uses the facebook option.
- You will then be prompted to use the premium version of the app. tap the “x” icon on the top left to continue with the free version.
- eventually, you will reach the welcome screen. any.do will prompt you to add your first task using a large “+” icon in the middle. you can tap skip at the top right if you don’t want to. In this example, we add a simple task to call a friend.
- once you finish typing the task, several options will appear that you can use to set a date and time reminder, add it to a list , add subtasks and add notes.
- tap save at the top right once you’ve set your accordingly.
- You will see that you have successfully added your first task. you can add more tasks by typing in the bottom bar and tapping the “+” icon.
- by default, any.do will display the task view for new users. you can change your preference in the calendar view by tapping the calendar tab at the bottom.
- tap add my calendar >. strong>, and then tap ok to give the app permission on your calendar.
- As with your Reminders app (tasks), any.do will automatically collect all events from the Calendar app and show them to you in the app itself.
- en it is possible to create new tasks and events using the calendar view by typing in the bar at the bottom section and then tapping the “+” icon. the app will ask you to specify whether to add an event or a task.
- give your task or event a reminder by tapping the bell icon above the keyboard. you can select a custom time and date or you can use the presets that are available in the any.do app. tap set to confirm.
- after setting the time and date, you will see this screen. Just like before, you can add defined options like lists, subtasks, notes and attachments. it is also possible to delete the task or event if necessary. you will see an overview of the task or event information after saving.
- A task or event with an alarm/reminder will display a timestamp next to it.
- When the time set for the task arrives, you will receive a notification reminding you to complete the task or attend the event.
- tapping the notification reminder will redirect you to the app, which then gives you several options to select from. you can dismiss, snooze, put it in focus or mark the task as done. when you mark it as done, it will be crossed out automatically.
As mentioned above, any changes (create, edit, delete) made in the any.do app will be reflected in the action calendar and reminders app. this behavior is the same when done the other way around.
will also send you a notification at the time of the event or reminder. the only limitation of this app is that it forces you to register an account with them.
However, using any.do we achieved almost everything we wanted and the free version is good enough for that, right? On top of all this, the app is ad-free!
recommended: wrike review: project management app for increased productivity
synchronize reminders with the calendar app
The next app we’d like to recommend is awesome calendar lite to view reminders and calendar events in one app. This app requires permission for calendar and reminders.
has all the features like creating and modifying events and reminders within the app.
The weekly and monthly view in the acal lite app is pretty neat.
Similarly, just like the any.do app, you can find the awesome lightweight calendar on the app store.
After downloading, open the app and give access to notifications, reminders and calendar.
You must touch the day to see all the events and reminders for that particular day. after that, you can select a specific event or reminder to edit if needed.
Similarly, you can also touch a particular day to add a calendar event or reminder from this app.
See also: How To Get Free Wi-Fi Near Me | NordVPN
The only downside of this app is that it contains ads as you can also see on the screenshots.
That said, the free features of this app work quite well if you want to get all your reminders and events in the same app on your iphone.
bonus tip: share your calendar
You can also share your calendar with the required people so that they are always up to date with your schedule and you don’t have to send emails unnecessarily to do so.
here is a complete guide on calendar.com that explains the methods of sharing your calendar. doing so can go a long way in ensuring proper planning and scheduling of meetings and events.
- how to go back to the first home screen on iphone
- how to collaborate on notes on ios
i always wished that every time i create a reminder with the reminders app, it should also show up in my iphone’s calendar app. Unfortunately, that’s not the case by default, but the apps featured here make it possible.
Having all your reminders in the calendar app is helpful for keeping things more organized, as you’ll see a consolidated list of tasks and events in one place.
It will help you plan things ahead and thus improve your productivity. also, the chances of missing some important task will decrease.
Looking at the advantages of displaying reminders in the calendar app, we strongly believe that one should sync calendars and reminders on iphone and avoid missing something in the future. If you found this article useful, don’t forget to share it on social networks.
what method or app do you use to add reminders to the calendar app on the iphone? let us know in the comments.