Is someone already on TV and have you organized a game night with your friends? well, that’s a nightmare. not being able to play on a game console when the tv is busy is the most annoying thing ever.
But thanks to new technology, now you can also connect ps4 to laptop. Read on to learn how to connect ps4 to laptop.
Reading: How to connect ps4 on laptop
how to play ps4 on laptop?
since the sony playstation 4 launched in 2013, it has become the holy grail in the world of console gaming (nothing has beaten it so far, kudos to sony). Although the PlayStation 4 has all the unicorns and rainbows, one thing it lacks is that it’s not accessible on the go.
unlike all tablets and smartphones, the playstation 4 can only be played when you’re at home in front of the TV. but what if i told you that sony has considered your demand and there are ways that you can play ps4 and its games on laptop and phone?
yes, you heard right, ps4 is now accessible for laptops and phones. There are four ways you can connect your PS4 to laptop. read on to learn more about it.
how to play ps4 on laptop screen via remote play
what if i told you that sony officially released a way where you can play playstation anywhere? incredible true? yeah sony got rid of all thoughts of portable playstation and came up with an idea that’s pretty easy to access.
This new idea is to allow everyone to access the playstation on their phone or computer. sony called it a remote game. so get this most awaited feature now in no time. read on to find out how you can play via remote play.
1.1 what is remote play?
remote play is sony’s new feature, which allows you to play playstation 4 on compatible devices. If someone else is using the TV, don’t worry, now you can play your favorite games on your phone or laptop.
There are some system requirements that should be considered before downloading and installing remote play. the system requirements for windows are as follows:
- windows 10 or 8.1 (32bit and 64bit both are acceptable)
- intel core i5-560m 2.67ghz processor (2.50ghz processor works too) or top</li
- minimum 100mb available space/storage
- minimum 2gb ram
- usb port
- sound card
- 1024 × 768 resolution
1.2 how to download remote game on windows
downloading sony remote play is very simple and easy. It can be downloaded from Sony’s official website. however, one thing you should take care of is selecting the appropriate operating system for your computer.
remote play offers two options: mac and windows pc. if you end up downloading the wrong version, you won’t be able to install or operate it properly.
1.3 how to configure a ps4 for remote use
Now that you’ve downloaded the correct version for windows, let’s set it up.
this software allows you to play ps4 on your laptop instead of the console. the recent update (version 2.8) has also improved stability. so if you have recently downloaded remote play, you will get the updated version.
this is what you can do to install playstation remote play for windows:
- Once the software is downloaded, run the installation file. This will open a new dialog box.
- The dialog box (or the installer) will show the instructions to install and set up correctly. Make sure that you also download the additional features. To download the extra features, check the appropriate options in the dialog box.
after installation, now you need to set up your ps4 game console. to configure, this is what you can do:
- turn on your playstation 4 console and then go to settings.
- now click on remote play connection settings.
- once it opens the settings tab, select the enable remote playback check box. By doing so, the PlayStation 4 will be able to interact with the remote play software you just installed on your computer.
- Then return to Account Management from the PS4 Settings.
- now, set the ps4 console as your primary system. just click activate as your main ps4 then click activate.
You can also use your remote play feature while your console is in sleep mode. To set this up, follow these steps:
- go to playstation 4 settings menu
- then go to power saving settings
- click set features available in rest mode
- check the enable wake ps4 from the network and stay connected to the internet checkboxes
After following the steps above, you are done setting up remote play on playstation. Now it’s time to play!
1.4 how to use remote play and connect ps4 to laptop
Heat distribution plays an important role when it comes to graphics cards. you can use a preset fan speed curveball, which causes the fan to slow down or speed up based on gpu temperature.
This way you can safely overclock the gpu without worrying about damage as this feature will take care of it by determining the cooling performance when heat builds up.
This also allows you to save presets for later use. in this way, this utility will automatically configure itself with the desired settings while you switch games.
Since all the back-breaking technical work of downloading, installing, and configuring remote play is done, now is the time to use remote play to run your ps4 on your laptop.
See also: How To Install a Smoke Detector
This is what you need to do to get started with remote use:
- Firstly, turn on your PlayStation 4. You can also put it into rest mode if you have configured your PS4 for that mode (as instructed above).
- Now, connect your controller with the laptop. There are two ways you can do that, either by using DUALSHOCK USB wireless adaptor or through the USB cable.
- Open the Remote Play Software on your laptop that you previously installed.
- Click the start button.
- Once the window asks for your details, enter the credentials to log in to your PlayStation Network account.Make sure that you have a sound internet connection if you are going for the Remote Play. Otherwise, you’ll experience delays on poor internet connection.
2. how to play ps4 on laptop using hdmi and video capture card
If you don’t have the system requirements for remote play, don’t worry! here is another method which is quite simple, but can be a bit heavy on your pocket.
you can connect your laptop to ps4 via hdmi and video capture cards. here is a short list of things you need for this technique:
- video capture card
- hdmi cable
- enable file sharing
now once you’ve finished gathering the essential things mentioned above. Let’s go to the configuration. follow these steps:
- First, it allows file sharing. for that go to ps4 settings menu. after that navigate to networking settings and then go to internet connection settings. find your internet router and connect with it.
- then connect your video capture card to laptop via usb port. It is essential to install the software and drivers that come with the card for it to work properly.
- Here, connect the video capture card to the PS4. to do this, make an s-video connection through the connection cable. then connect the hdmi input on the capture card and the hdmi output on the ps4.
- now open the video capture software on the laptop and turn on your ps4. then the software will search for the ps4 and display the ps4 screen on the laptop screen. make sure the app is running in full screen to display full resolution.
3. connecting playstation 4 to laptop via playstation now
3.1 what is playstation now?
playstation is now like having a gaming experience on a playstation console without actually having the playstation console, interesting? right?
playstation now is sony’s new gaming subscription-based service that lets you play ps2, ps3 and ps4 games without buying the console or the game itself.
Obviously Playstation Now isn’t free (it’s $99.99 per year which is pretty fair) but it has hundreds of amazing Playstation games that are easy to access and available on your laptop without having the hassle of have a ps4.
if you’re still skeptical about the high one-time payment and then don’t like the service, say no more, sony’s got you covered too. You can try and test playstation now on a 7-day trial, and then if you like the service, pay for it later. Even if you don’t like it, you can cancel the trial period and also disable the automatic subscription.
Are you worried about the minimum system requirements for the playstation now? don’t worry. Even if you don’t have the most expensive gaming machine, an average laptop will also suffice to make it work for playstation now.
- windows 7, 8.1 or 10 will work for the ps now
- intel core i3 with 3.5ghz or amd a10 with 3.8ghz
- at least 2 gb of memory
- minimum storage of 300 mb
3.2 how to download playstation now for windows
Now that you know what Playstation really is now, it’s time to download and install it to get started. Follow the steps below to download then install playstation now on your windows laptop:
- To download the Playstation Now, head over to Sony’s official website. You can also Google it with the related keywords such as download Sony PlayStation Now and then click the official website of the Sony to open the Playstation Now downloader webpage.
- Once it is downloaded, open the setup wizard and click next.
- Then, check to agree to the license agreement and then click next.
- Navigate to your computer’s folder where you want to install the Playstation Now and then click next.
- Check the box to create a shortcut for the desktop and then again move forward by clicking next.
- Then click on the install button.
- A prompt might appear (twice) to allow this app to make changes to your drive/system. Click allow.
- Then again click install, on the install popup wizard for the wireless controller, and then the Playstation Now might take a few minutes to install.
- Once the installation is complete, click on finish, and then the Playstation Now will automatically launch. However, if it doesn’t, you can start it manually.
3.3 how to use playstation now and play ps4 on laptop
- First of all, select your date of birth and region along with language, then click submit.
- Now, you’ll find the sign-in option at the top right corner of the screen, click that. (you might have to update a few settings for this step)
- Then, click on the “start free trial” from the top of the homepage of Playstation Now. This will lead you to the browser.
- From the given options, either select 1-month subscription or the 12 month annual subscription according to your preference. You’ll be automatically charged once your trial period ends.
- Select “choose a version” option located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter your credentials and sign in to your Sony Account. From now on, this will be the same account used for signing in to Playstation Now.
- Then, again click on the “7-day trial” option.
- If there are no payment billing details already saved upon your Sony Account, you’ll be asked to enter the payment details according to your preferred method.
- Once the payment details are registered, you can go back and play any game on Playstation Now app.
You can always cancel your subscription before the trial period ends. For that, you will need to navigate to sony settings on your computer → account management → account information → playstation subscription → select playstation now subscription → turn off auto-renewal.
You will also need to connect the controller to your laptop to play. To connect the controller to the computer, follow these steps:
- first, connect your controller to laptop via usb cable.
- now, your laptop will show a controller icon on the top right corner, click it to connect the controller.
- this should now connect the controller.