connect a classic printer
To connect your classic printer, enable the google cloud print connector with a windows or mac computer that is connected to the printer. you will need google chrome to be installed on the computer. if you are using windows xp, make sure you also have the microsoft xml paper spec package installed.
once google chrome is installed, follow the steps below to enable the google cloud print connector in google chrome.
Reading: How to connect printer to cloud
- turn on your printer.
- log in to your user account on the windows or mac computer.
- open google chrome.
- do click the chrome menu in the browser toolbar.
- select settings.
- click show advanced settings.
- scroll down to the “google cloud print” section. click add printers.
- if prompted, sign in with your google account.
if you signed up for 2-step verification, you must enter a password application specific instead of your google account password. you can generate the app-specific password on your authorization sites and apps page.
The printer is now associated with your google account and connected to google cloud print. you can print to this printer every time you sign in with the same google account on your chromebook.
once you have completed these steps you should be able to print anything in google chrome. this will not allow you to print microsoft office documents. In order for the cloud printer to communicate with Microsoft Office, you will need to download the Google Cloud Printer. click the link below:
You can allow your friends to use printers on your account, as long as they also have google accounts. Manage sharing permissions for your printers through the Google Cloud Print website. If you want to share your printer with a large group of people, set up a google group and share your printer with the mailing list.
share with individual email addresses
- visit your google cloud print page.
- click printers on the left hand side.
- select the printer you want to share. if you don’t see your printer, try refreshing the page.
- click the share button. when you share your printers, you will share the names of the printers, so choose a friendly name by clicking rename.
- in the dialog that appears, enter the email address of the person or google group you want to share with. you may not be able to share the printer if someone else originally shared it with you.
- click share.
your friend will receive an email notification. To disable sharing, follow the steps above to open the printer sharing dialog and edit the email address list.
share with a group
- invite your friends to a google group. See the steps to set up a group in the Google Groups Help Center.
- Follow the instructions above to add the group’s email address to your user list.
- If you’re the owning group, you’re done: Group members can now access the printer as long as they have Google accounts. if you are sharing multiple printers with the same group, wait until all sharing requests have been made and accept all requests at once.
If you are not the group owner, a request will be sent to the group owner. once you approve the request on the google cloud print page, group members will be able to access the printer.