How to View my DVR or NVR on my Smartphone – Security Camera King
how to view my dvr or nvr on my smartphone
hi everyone joe here with a much requested tutorial on “how to view my dvr or nvr on my smartphone”. We get asked this question many times a day and spend a lot of our time helping newer customers get set up for the first time. Now, we’re excited to bring you this combination article and video guide page that will show you how, from start to finish, to make sure you can see your cameras on your phone. This will work with iPhone or Android, so it doesn’t matter what kind of smartphone you have. In order to successfully view your cameras from your phone, you will first need to ensure the following:
“how to view my dvr or nvr on my smartphone” checklist:
- your recorder is on and you can see your cameras on the local screen
- you have an ethernet cable connected from your recorder’s main lan port (not the built-in poe) to an internet supply modem or router.
- you have a mouse connected to the local drive
- you have a smartphone with the elite viewer pro app installed for ios or android.
- first you’ll need to set up the recorder for p2p if you haven’t, check out the mini guide and video below
- after you’re done with p2p, check out the next steps.
“how to view my dvr or nvr on my smartphone” p2p setup:
- The first thing we need to do is log into our recorder if we haven’t already done so. we can do this by right clicking anywhere on the screen with the recorder mouse and then clicking on the main menu. this will automatically open the login dialog. use your mouse to enter your username and password to login, or use your dot and line pattern to login.
- once you’ve logged in, we’ll automatically be taken to the main settings page. move your mouse down to the bottom of the screen and click network
- this will take us to the network menu and should automatically put us on the tcp ip page.
- el next thing we need to do is go to the p2p menu, which can be found on the bottom left, in the list of menu options here. go ahead and click p2p.
- now that we’re in the nat tab, i’m sure you’ll notice the two qr codes right away. the qr code on the right is the only one that concerns us. represents the serial number of the recorder, which is also written below the code. In our videos on how to add the recorder to mobile, pc or mac, we explain how to use this qr code. For now, we first need to activate the p2p function. To do this, simply click the slider you see next to “enable” and then hit apply. I bet you won’t believe it but you’re done activating p2p, yes it’s that fast!
- now that p2p is activated, leave the p2p screen open as we will need the qr code in the right labeled as “sn” when we use the app. Now turn your attention to your smartphone. It’s time to open the evp app and follow the steps below!
“how to view my dvr or nvr on my smartphone” evp setup:
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the initial setup process. choose your region, give the app permissions, and then it should land you on the home page.
- from here, tap (+) in the top right corner, then tap “sn/scan”
- now this may ask permission to use your phone’s camera if you allow it. Use the camera to scan the QR code labeled SN on the screen of your recorder. this will automatically fill in the field with the serial number. If you can’t get your camera to scan the code, you can manually tap enter sn and manually type the sn# you see below the qr code.
- Once you’ve entered this information, select a device type. if you have a dvr, select dvr/xvr, if it’s an nvr, select nvr
- on the last page, enter a ‘name’ for this device on your phone, it can be anything you want.
- enter your registrar username, e (default administrator) and password (you must know this information, patterns will not work on the phone app)
- save, and this should take to homepage or live preview
thank you for joining us today as we discuss “how to view my dvr or nvr on my smartphone” hopefully the guide was able to help you through the process and remember to watch the videos as well for visual aids on the go. If despite the tutorials you still have trouble installing your system on your smartphone, please call 561-2885258 and ask for technical support, you will need to provide an email address, order number or account number so that we can verify the purchase of the product and be able to help you.
If you enjoyed the videos or found them useful, don’t forget to like us and hit “subscribe” for more content in the future. thanks again, and until next time, take care!