When you replace an airpod or airpod pro, it won’t work with the old airpod right out of the box. You will need to pair the replaced airpod with the existing one and sync them. In this post, we will show you how to connect, sync and pair a replaced airpod.
connecting a new airpod is very easy and you can do it on an iphone, ipad or ipod touch.
Reading: How to connect my replaced airpod
can you use two different airpods together?
Before you buy a new airpod, try using the “find my” app on your phone to locate the missing one. However, if the airpod doesn’t have enough battery power to play the sound, or you had no luck finding it, you can get a new one from apple.
luckily, you can use two airpods together even if they didn’t come in the original pair.
Please note that in order to use the different airpods together, they must be of the same type and generation in order to connect and work. therefore, you cannot use an airpod 1 and airpod 2, or an airpod 2 and an airpod pro.
how to connect spare airpod
To connect your new airpod to your existing one, you need to reset the original one to pair it with the new one and make them work.
When you reset the old and new airpods, they become a matched pair and then you can connect your airpods to your iphone.
reset turns the old and new airpods into a matching pair, and then you can connect the airpods to your iphone or mac.
to connect a replaced airpod to the old one:
- put the new airpod and old airpod into the charging case and close the lid.
- connect the charging case to a power source and charge the airpods for about 15 minutes. </li
- open ‘settings‘ on your iphone or ipad.
- tap ‘bluetooth‘.
- below From the ‘my device‘ section, tap the ‘i’ icon next to the airpods.
- tap ‘forget this device >’.
- on the pop-up message, tap ‘forget device‘.
- then open the cover of the charging case and check to make sure that the indicator light flashes amber.
Quick Tip: If the light isn’t flashing, make sure the case is charged or plugged in. then remove the airpods, put them back and make sure they are fully inserted.
- press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case until the indicator light starts flashing white.
Quick Tip: If the light doesn’t turn white, plug the charging case into a power source, close the lid, and press and hold the button on the back of the case for a few seconds. when the light starts flashing white, release the button and open the lid.
- go to your iphone or ipad home screen.
- hold the case close to your iphone or ipad and you should see an animation asking you to connect your airpods.
- tap ‘connect‘ to pair the airpods with your iphone or ipad.
- tap skip > not now > done.
and that’s it! now your replacement airpod will work with your existing one as a matched pair.
why can’t i connect my replacement airpod?
If you followed the steps above and still have trouble connecting your replaced airpod, please put the old airpod back into the charging case along with the new one, reset them and pair them with your iphone.
If the replacement airpod still can’t connect, you can try to reset your airpods:
- Disconnect the replaced airpods from your mobile device.
- Place your airpods in the charging case and leave it closed for at least 30 seconds. After that, open the charging case.
- Press and hold the settings button until the indicator light starts blinking amber.
- Reconnect your airpods to your iphone.
The replacement airpod still cannot connect to your phone, it may have firmware that prevents it from connecting. If this is the case, please contact apple for help or take your airpod to the apple store.
Bonus: You might also like to read how to check airpod battery on android.