- To connect your mac to a bluetooth speaker, you need to access your computer’s system preferences.
- The bluetooth speaker you want to connect your mac must also be set to pairing mode, so your computer can detect it.
- some bluetooth speakers may have a simple switch to become discoverable, but others may require a few more steps .
- Visit the business insider home page for more stories.
While your Mac may have ample access to media, it doesn’t always have the best speakers.
Fortunately, you can project your computer’s audio to any Bluetooth-enabled speaker using your Mac’s Bluetooth wireless connection.
Reading: How to connect macbook to speaker
The bluetooth feature on your mac makes it easy to connect to a speaker and lets you stream your music without any physical connection.
see the products mentioned in this article:
macbook pro (starting at $1,299.99 best buy)
bose soundlink ii (from $199.99 best buy)
how to connect your mac to a bluetooth speaker
1. make sure your speaker is set up so other devices can discover it, usually by putting it in “pairing mode”.
- amazon account to be visible.
2. once your speaker is in pairing mode, click the apple logo in the top left corner of your mac screen.
3. click system preferences.
4. click the bluetooth logo in the third row of your system preferences.
5. Your speaker should appear in the “devices” list. If you don’t see your speaker listed in your bluetooth devices, check your device again to make sure it’s in pairing mode.
See also: WooCommerce Instagram – WooCommerce
6. double click your device name or right click and select “connect”.
7. your mac may ask you to accept the connection; in this case, just click “accept”.
8. any sound from your mac will now come through your bluetooth speaker.
if you want to disconnect your mac from your speaker, go back to the bluetooth menu and right click on the speaker then click “disconnect”.
once your mac and speaker are paired, the speaker should always appear in the list of bluetooth devices on your mac. In some cases, your mac may default to bluetooth for audio as soon as it’s turned on.
Related coverage of how to do it all: technology:
‘why won’t my mac connect to wi-fi?’: 7 ways to fix wi-fi problems on your mac
how to hide the dock on your mac computer in 2 different ways, to get rid of app icons on your screen
how to use parental controls to block websites on a mac to help protect children or increase productivity
how to set autocomplete on a mac computer in safari, so you don’t have to enter your information every time