itunes is at the core of all apple devices and could be one of the best apple programs. It also works as the client side app for the itunes store. The extensive collection of podcasts, audiobooks, movies, and songs offered by the app remains unmatched to date. You can buy or rent movies and TV shows from iTunes. so in this guide we will show you how to cast itunes to chromecast.
Reading: How to connect itunes to chromecast
must see: chromecast with google tv update has bugs
Because it is an apple product, it may not be easy to stream to a chromecast compatible TV. we can’t send itunes directly to a chromecast. however, we can use other tools and software to get the job done. but before proceeding, make sure you have the following.
- both devices must be on the same wi-fi network. Although internet is not required to stream offline content, you will need it to stream live/online content.
- Install google chrome or any chrome based browser to mirror from pc/laptop.
- you will need a third party app to mirror itunes from iphone/ipad. we’ll use the movies anywhere app. but feel free to use any other app of your choice. we pick movies anywhere for a reason, and we’ll discuss that later.
cast itunes to chromecast
As you’ve probably guessed, there are two main ways we can ship iTunes. we could use a pc/laptop or we could use an ipad/iphone.
cast itunes from pc/laptop
this might be the easier of the two. all you need is a pc with a chrome based browser and itunes installed. we’re using chrome as an example, but edge and brave would be fine.
- make sure chrome is up to date. you can visit the official download page to update/install the browser. do the same for itunes too.
- open chrome on your pc.
- click the menu button in the top right corner and select the cast option from the list.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on a space in the browser and select cast.
- your pc will now search for nearby chromecast devices and tvs.
- select your chromecast device once it appears in the list.
- make sure cast desktop is the source.
- will mirror the pc to the chromecast device. now you can open itunes on your pc and enjoy it on tv.
read more: google home adds d-pad control to its virtual remote
cast itunes from iphone/ipad
As we said, we will use a third party app to mirror itunes from iphone/ipad. Movies Anywhere not only allows you to access your iTunes library, but also allows you to mirror content to a Chromecast compatible device. Otherwise, we’ll need another third-party app, like a mirror, to stream whatever app we’re using to access iTunes.
- start by installing the movies anywhere app from the apple app store.
- open the app and click the connect
- sign in with your credentials.
- wait for the itunes library to sync, and you can click the cast in the top right corner of the app.
- select the chromecast and you’re done. play the media of your choice to watch it on TV.
also read: how to stream amazon prime on ps4
You can also use similar applications that allow you to access your iTunes library. apple could have made this a bit more convenient. many users may find these lengthy procedures quite tedious. we hope you were able to mirror your itunes library to chromecast. let us know in the comments if you are stuck at any point in the guide.