want to watch apple fitness+ videos on your ipad’s bigger screen, but can’t find your apple watch?
When your ipad can’t connect to your apple watch when you start a fitness+ workout, you’ll see a button asking if you want to exercise without the watch
and you may see a message or the spinning circle that ipad is searching for an apple watch.
Unfortunately, many iPads have difficulty connecting and recognizing Apple Watch for Fitness+.
- how to set up and share apple fitness+ with multiple users in your family
- 5 affordable exercise bikes for your apple fitness+ workouts
- how to download apple fitness+ classes and play them offline?
- message pairing canceled when trying fitness+ with apple tv? check out these tips
- how to customize your fitness metrics+
tips to help your ipad find and connect to your apple watch for apple fitness+
- Make sure you use the same Apple ID on your iPad as your paired iPhone (and Apple Watch.)
- Toggle on Keychain in iCloud settings on both iPhone and iPad.
- Add the Home app to both iPad and iPhone and open the home app on both devices. Then, toggle on the Home app in your iCloud settings for both devices.
- Restart both your iPad and your Apple Watch.
- On your iPad, turn off Bluetooth and WiFi, wait 20 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on, followed by WiFi.
- If your iPhone is nearby, try toggling off Bluetooth temporarily so that your Apple Watch connects to your iPad instead of your iPhone.
- Turning on Detect Gym Equipment in the watch setting in Workout by open your Watch’s Settings app > Workout > toggle on Detect Gym Equipment.
- Turn off Power Saving Mode for the Workout App on your Apple Watch via Settings app > Workout > toggle off Power Saving Mode.
Is your ipad still not seeing your apple watch for fitness+?
As our reader, Marc noticed, open Fitness+ on your iPad and immediately check if the image associated with your Apple ID shows up in the top corner of the Fitness+ app launch screen.
if you don’t see your image, there is likely a problem with apple connecting fitness+ to your apple id. This often happens when you use multiple apple ids, like a different one for the app store vs. the one for icloud photos.
- Delete the Fitness app from your iPad.
- Restart your iPad.
- Then reinstall the app.
- Check if your iPad now sees your watch.
- Once signed out, wait 30 seconds.
- Log back into Media & Purchases with your Apple ID.
- Double-check that Media & Purchase is now associated with the correct Apple ID.
And if none of these tips worked for you, try signing out of your ipad apple id completely and then signing back in. even though it’s long, it almost always works!
check your ipad compatibility
not all ipads work with your apple watch and apple fitness+ or the fitness app for ipad.
- ipad pro all models
- ipad (5th generation)
- ipad mini 4
- ipad air (3rd generation)
- ipad air 2
also your ipad must use ipados 14.3 and above.
The fitness app for ipad is not included in the ipados update, so please open the app store on your ipad and search for the fitness app there.
check the compatibility of your apple watch.
fitness+ only works with apple watch series 3 or later.
Sorry older model folks!
hopefully this short article got your ipad up and running so you can enjoy all the fitness+ offerings on your ipad’s bigger screen.
Be sure to check out the recording bar, one of the most impressive features in fitness+!