Apple AirPods are high-quality wireless Bluetooth headphones designed to be used with other Apple products, like your iPhone or Mac. However, they are not iOS-exclusive devices, which means you can pair and use AirPods with your Android phone, Windows PC, or Chromebook, among other non-Apple devices.
The pairing process may not be as intuitive at first as with other apple products, but it will be much easier once you get the hang of it.
Reading: How to connect i12 to chromebook
Here’s how to connect airpods to a chromebook in just a few steps.
how to connect airpods to a chromebook
While airpods pair with basically any bluetooth-enabled device, on non-apple devices you won’t get all of the included features that you would with your apple device. Such features include Siri, which will not be able to respond to your requests, and the AirPods battery indicator will not display on your device.
If you wish, you can download a third-party application to display the battery life on your device. For example, you can use an app as the assistant launcher and then double-tap an earbud to launch Google Assistant.
We will guide you through the steps to connect your airpods to a chromebook, regardless of the manufacturer and model of airpods you have. We’ll also show you how to unplug your airpods from your chromebook when you’re not using them.
Before connecting your airpods to your chromebook, make sure all video or audio apps on any apple device you have are closed, as they can cause problems when trying to connect to a chromebook.
- To get started, turn on your chromebook’s bluetooth settings to make the pairing process easier. Open the menu on your chromebook by selecting the network icon at the bottom right of the screen next to the digital clock and battery icon.
- From the menu, you’ll see several options including notifications, wifi, and bluetooth, among others. select bluetooth and enable the connection if it is disabled.
- with bluetooth on, your chromebook will begin searching for any nearby wireless devices. have your airpods charging case with the airpods inside because bluetooth connections tend to drain the battery quickly.
- airpods should automatically appear in the list of nearby wireless devices on your chromebook. If you don’t see them, find the setup button on the back of the airpods charging case, press it, and wait until your chromebook detects the airpods.
- Go to the list of available bluetooth devices on your chromebook and select your airpods from the list.
Note: Please keep the airpods bluetooth connection within 20 feet of your chromebook, otherwise the connection will be broken.
- then confirm any messages you see on your chromebook. Once the devices are connected, the LED light on your AirPods charging case will turn green, indicating that they are now paired with your Chromebook. also, your chromebook’s bluetooth settings status will show as connected.
You have successfully connected the airpods to your chromebook and can adjust the sound settings directly from your chromebook.
how to disconnect airpods from a chromebook
if you’re not using your airpods or want to take a break from listening to a podcast or music, you can put the earbuds back in the case and close the lid. this will not only disconnect them from your chromebook, but will also charge them.
You can also disconnect airpods from a chromebook from your laptop’s bluetooth settings.
- To disconnect devices, select settings > bluetooth on your chromebook and disable or turn off the bluetooth connection by changing the button from blue to black.
- if you no longer want to pair airpods with your chromebook, select the three dots icon next to your airpods name and then select remove from list .
Alternatively, you can press the small pairing button on the back of the airpods charging case to complete the process.
what to do when your airpods keep disconnecting from your chromebook
If your airpods keep disconnecting from your chromebook, here are some things you can try:
- turn off bluetooth on your chromebook and re-enable it
- try pairing the airpods with the chromebook again
- reboot your chromebook by holding power button then turn it back on
- reset your airpods
to reset your airpods:
- Place the airpods in their charging case, close the lid and wait 30 seconds before opening the lid again.
- then go to bluetooth settings on your device and unpair the airpods. press and hold the setup button on the back of the airpods charging case for about 15 seconds until the status led light flashes amber.
- reconnect your airpods by placing them close to your device, and then follow the pairing steps above.
Easily connect your airpods and chromebook
Pairing airpods with any bluetooth enabled device is not hard to do. We hope now you know how to connect airpods to a chromebook using this guide.
For more guides on airpods and how they work, check out 19 airpods tips and tricks, how to change airpods function, and the best airpods alternatives you can buy. If you’re having trouble with your chromebook, check out our guide on how to power wash (factory reset) a chromebook.