With the new genshin impact 2.0 update, mihoyo has also introduced the cross-save feature in the game.
This will allow players to save their game progress across all of their devices. The best part is that it will allow PS4 and PS5 players to carry over their progress to Android, iOS or PC and vice versa as well.
Reading: How to connect genshin to ps4
all you need to do is link your psn and mihoyo accounts for this. so let’s see how to do it.
- more: is genshin impact cross platform, cross save in epic games store?
How does account linking work?
enabling cross save in genshin impact can be a bit tricky, so let me set a few things up beforehand. First, there are two ways to complete this task. Second, we will refer to all iOS/Android/PC accounts as MiHoyo accounts and all PS4/PS5 accounts as PSN accounts for the sake of clarity.
This is because there are two different accounts that need to be created and linked to enable the cross save feature. Once your psn account is linked to a valid email address, you will be able to log in to ios/android/pc using your mihoyo account, or to playstation using the psn account linked to the email address associated with your mihoyo account.
What type of account can be linked?
The account to be linked must meet the following conditions: In order for the psn account and email address to be linked, the psn account must not have been used to log in to genshin impact or the email address email must not have been used to register a mihoyo account yet. that would lead to the following two cases:
- If the psn account has not been used to log in to genshin impact, an email address that has been used to register a mihoyo account can be linked to the psn account.
- if the email address has not been used to register a mihoyo account, an account for psn that has been used to login to genshin impact can be linked to this email address. at the same time, this email address will be used to register a mihoyo account.
What kind of accounts cannot be linked?
Please note that the following cases are not eligible for account linking:
- Your psn account has already been used to log in to genshin impact and you want to link it to an email address that is already associated with a mihoyo account. in this case, account linking will not be possible.
- This is because your psn account automatically registers a mihoyo account after you log in to genshin impact. so it cannot be linked to an email address that is already associated with a different mihoyo account.
- so if you want to link an account for psn that is logged into genshin impact to your email address, you must ensure that your email address is not already associated with a mihoyo account.
how to link psn and mihoyo account to enable cross save in genshin impact
Before proceeding with the steps below, be sure to read the criteria listed above. Now, depending on which of the two cases below applies to you, the process may be slightly different.
link pc/mobile account to ps4/ps5
- first, you need to install genshin impact on your ps4 or ps5
- launch the game and follow the on-screen prompts. here you will see a pop up explaining the steps to link your psn account to external email.
- just complete the steps and it will link the accounts.
*note: the popup will appear when your psn account logs into the game for the first time after accepting the terms of service. you can only link an existing mihoyo account from this popup. If you ignore the pop-up, your psn account will log you into the game and register a mihoyo account, after which you will no longer be able to link to an email address that is already associated with a separate mihoyo account.
link your ps4/ps5 account to pc/mobile
the steps to link the account start the same way if your progress is on playstation:
- just start the game, log in and wait for it to launch
- once the game is loaded go to settings > account > user center > link account
- here, link your account for psn logged in genshin impact to an email address that is not associated with a mihoyo account
cross bran in genshin impact
After linking your accounts by following the steps mentioned above, your game progress will be shared when you login to your account to play on the same server on ios, android, pc and playstation.
Cross save is activated after the release of the update on July 21. You can read more about the account linking process in the official mihoyo post.