connect the printer to your wireless network
determine the wireless connection method to use to connect the printer to your wireless network. check the documentation that came with your router or access point to determine supported connection methods.
You can quickly connect the printer to your wireless network in several ways:
- using the wireless protected setup (wps) button
- using the quick setup wizard in the labelwriter web configuration utility installed on the printer
connecting the printer using wps
if your router supports wps, you can quickly connect the labelwriter wireless printer to your secure network without entering the network name and password. check the documentation that came with your router to determine if wps is supported.
to use the wps button
- press the wps button on the back of the printer. the wireless status light on the side of the printer will illuminate.
- press the wps button on your router within two minutes. When the printer successfully connects to your wireless network, the wireless status light turns on and stops glowing.
To connect using a wps pin code, see how to get a wps pin code.
connect the printer using the quick setup wizard
Make sure you have the necessary password or credentials to connect the printer to your wireless network. If you’re not sure, contact your wireless network administrator.
See also: How to Connect Your Laptop to a Monitor
If you are connecting the printer to a corporate or business network, contact your wireless network administrator for help.
to use the quick setup wizard
- after the printer has powered on for a few seconds, on your computer connect to the wireless network called dymolwwxxxxxx. this unique printer name can be found on the bottom of the printer. your computer has now lost connection to your wireless network and has established a wireless connection to the printer.
- in your web browser, enter the following url: http://192.168.58.1 the utility will open web configuration in your browser showing the login page.
- Log in to the labelwriter web configuration utility using the following: • username: admin • password: admin
- follow the wizard to connect the printer to your wireless network. • printer name: You have the option to change the default printer name to one that is more meaningful on your network. • connection method: dhcp is recommended. if you choose static, you will need to have all the network details to set up the printer on your network. • wireless network: Click connect next to the wireless network you want to connect the printer to. see connect to a wireless network for more information. when the printer successfully connects to your wireless network, the wireless status light on the side of the printer stays on.
- make a note of the ip address assigned to the printer so you can access the web utility configuration in the future. Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, your computer’s wireless connection to the printer is broken and your computer should automatically reconnect to your wireless network. if you encounter connection problems, make sure your computer has reconnected to your wireless network.
If you are having trouble with your dymo labelwriter wireless printer, please visit www.dymo.com and contact dymo technical support.