the new generation of magic bands will arrive at disney world next week (on July 27). These bands will have several new features, such as haptic vibrations that accompany the nightly shows in the parks, interactivity with the 50th anniversary statues, and access to a bounty hunter game in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. that all sounds great! but how exactly do you use the new magicband+?
We’ve already seen a sneak peek of magicband+ in action, and even tried one ourselves when they were accidentally released earlier in disney springs. Now, we’re bringing you a detailed guide on how to set up your own magicband+ if you choose to buy one when they launch in a few days.
Reading: How to connect disney magic band
When magicband+ officially arrives at disney world on July 27, you’ll be able to purchase one at any of these gift shops:
- the emporium at magic kingdom
- pin traders – camera center at epcot
- celebrity 5 & 10 and tatooine dealers at disney’s hollywood studios
- discovery trading company at disney’s animal kingdom
- disney’s pin traders at disney springs
- “select merchandise locations” at disney world’s hotels
disney also revealed that magicband+ wristbands will be slightly more expensive than most regular magicband wristbands, starting at $34.99. that’s an increase from when the bands were accidentally released early; at the time, they cost $29.99. Now that you know a bit about these bands, let’s see how to use them.
Once you’ve purchased a magicband+, you can use your phone to set it up. You will turn on the band by pressing the button on the back once. then hold the band close to your phone.
This should prompt you to open the my disney experience app (or prompt you to download the app if you don’t already have it). you can follow the instructions in the app to link your magicband+ to your disney account, assign it to a guest and sync it with your phone.
then you can see in the app if your bracelet is charged and if the software is up to date. you may need to charge the band before use. in the app, you can also link your park tickets, reservations, and more to the band (just like you would with a regular magic band). go to the main menu (the 3 lines in the bottom right corner of the app) and scroll down to find “account link”. select that and then choose “bind magic band or card” from the options in that menu. you will be prompted to enter the ID code on the back of the magic band to bind it.
and you’re all set to go! Because magicband+ needs charging, the bands come with a usb charging cable. you can buy another charging cable online or at disney parks if you lose that one. You can see the battery status in the My Disney Experience app once you’ve paired the band with your phone.
If you see flashing red lights, it means your magicband+ has no battery. Please note that the magicband+ will continue to function as a normal magicband even if it has no battery left. So you’ll still be able to scan at the parks, scan at the lightning lanes, link PhotoPass images to your account, load souvenirs and other items to your linked credit card, and open the door to your Disney World hotel room. You simply won’t be able to use the special features, like interacting with the 50th anniversary statues or playing the bounty hunter game, until you’ve recharged it.
See also: PASONOMI Earbuds PASONOMI Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 TWS PASONOMI X9 Earbuds X9 Plus PASONOMI Earbuds T22 PASONOMI IPX7 Waterproof Headphones Manual Instruction Pairing Reset Reviews | PASONOMI Bluetooth Earbuds
disney has said that magicband+ wristbands will have a battery life of 1 to 3 days, depending on how often you wear the wristband. Be sure to bring your charging cable with you to Disney World so you can charge your MagicBand+ every night.
To access customizable light patterns on magicband+, double-tap the center of the band. To interact with the 50th Anniversary statues, wave in front of a statue. To play the bounty hunter game at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you’ll need to find one of the MagicBand+ stations and play your band there. learn more about the bounty hunter game here.
if your magicband+ isn’t working, disney has some troubleshooting ideas that may help:
- make sure your magicband+ is fully charged.
- make sure your magicband+ software is up to date. you can see that information in magicbands & more in the my disney experience app.
- make sure your my disney experience app is up to date.
- turn the band off and back on. long press the button on the back of the bracelet for about 6 seconds to turn it off. the bracelet will beep twice and then turn off. then press and hold the same button for 1 second to turn it back on. you should see a solid green light when it’s on.
- You can reset the band to factory settings by pressing and holding the button on the back of the band for 15 seconds. you should feel a single buzz, then a double buzz, and then a final buzz with green animation. Please note that you may need to re-link your magicband+ to your phone after using the factory reset.
We’re excited to try out the new features when magicband+ officially launches on July 27th! follow dfb and we will inform you about all the changes and news of disney world.
click here to learn more about magicband+.
Join the dfb newsletter to get all the breaking news straight to your inbox! click here to subscribe!
Are you going to buy a magicband+ at disney world? let us know in the comments.