uniswap is by far the most popular decentralized exchange (dex) on the planet. By connecting Uniswap to a centralized exchange (CEX) like Coinbase, you can seamlessly exchange any ERC-20 token for another directly inside your wallet in just a few clicks.
Before we learn how to use uniswap with the coinbase wallet, you will need some ethereum (eth). Regardless of whether you’re using a computer or a mobile device (assuming coinbase is your cex of choice), buying eth is simple.
Reading: How to connect coinbase to uniswap
- create your coinbase account
- link your preferred payment option to the account (like a debit card)
- buy some eth!
Once you have acquired some eth, there are two methods of connecting your coinbase wallet to uniswap to consider before you can start trading.
(disclaimer: coinbase uses what are known as escrow wallets, which means that you retain no control of your private keys. for a solution more secure, self-custody wallets like metamask, enjin or trust wallet are just a few good options to choose from.
Instructions for connecting uniswap to these wallets and more are available in the swapfolio guides.
method #1: connect coinbase wallet to uniswap (mobile)
- First, make sure you have both the coinbase app and the coinbase wallet app. coinbase cex and coinbase non-custodial wallet work in two different apps.
- open the coinbase wallet app and go to settings.
- once the settings tab is selected, look for an option that says ‘connect to your coinbase account’ then click on it!
- after connecting your coinbase account to the coinbase wallet app, it is safe to close the wallet and open the main coinbase app coinbase.
- select the erc-20 token you want to send (in this case eth) and fill in the transaction details (tx/txs). once the tx is confirmed, your eth should show up in the coinbase wallet app. from there, find the dapps page and select discover dapps, followed by uniswap.
Now you are ready to trade on Uniswap using your Coinbase wallet mobile app!
method #2: connect uniswap to coinbase wallet (desktop)
- download the metamask browser extension.
- go to uniswap and hit the connect button in the top right corner.
- copy your wallet address by clicking on the same button again once you are connected to uniswap. this will open a small window with an option to copy the address.
- on a separate tab, go to coinbase and log in to your account. select your eth wallet, choose the amount you want to send and paste the wallet address you previously copied from uniswap into the blank field as receive addresses.
- after executing this tx, return to uniswap to start exchanging your eth for a variety of erc-20 tokenized digital assets.
now you are ready to trade on uniswap using eth provided from your coinbase account!
(note: unless the eth network is very congested, a simple tx to send eth between wallets should confirm quickly. however, during instances of high traffic and volume, confirmation will sometimes can take up to an hour or more!)
Be sure to check out swapfol.io for more guides and articles to help you navigate the exciting world of cryptocurrencies and remember to join our growing community on social media! we have many supporters in the community (and team members) willing to help troubleshoot and resolve any issues you may encounter.
you can win free swfl, just for sharing your thoughts, ideas and enthusiasm… it’s also a fun place to hang out, hope to see you there!