How to Chromecast From iPad to Stream to a TV or Display
- you can use chromecast from an ipad to turn any tv with an hdmi port into a smart tv that can stream all your favorite content.
- Setting up chromecast only takes a few minutes from an ipad, but you’ll need to have the google home app and a google account to do it.
- once your chromecast is set up on your ipad, you can cast to tv via chromecast from apps like netflix, youtube and pandora.
- visit business insider homepage for more stories.
chromecast is the difference between your TV becoming a relic or your TV serving as a platform for all your favorite shows, movies and music.
If your TV has an HDMI port and you have an iPad, you’re ready to stream all kinds of media to the TV. all you need is a chromecast dongle and a few minutes of free time to set it all up.
To use chromecast from an ipad, you need a google account and the google home app. Once you’ve downloaded Google Home from the app store, connect your Chromecast dongle to a power source and plug it into the HDMI port on your TV.
Before proceeding, make sure your TV screen is tuned to that hdmi port; Hours have been wasted switching to the wrong TV input.
see the products mentioned in this article:
ipad (from $329.99 best buy)
google chromecast ($35 best buy)
how to chromecast from your ipad
1. Launch the Google Home app on your iPad and tap Devices in the top right corner.
2. Follow the on-screen steps to initially set up your chromecast device.
3. Make sure the same code is displayed on both your ipad and the TV screen, then press yes.
4. Give your chromecast a name (usually choosing a name that refers to your physical location is best) and set the privacy options you want.
5. connect the chromecast device to wi-fi, making sure to connect it to the same network as your ipad.
once you enter the wi-fi password, you should be all set.
open an app like netflix on your ipad and start a program. in the upper left corner, you will see the chromecast icon.
Tap the chromecast icon and select your chromecast device to start your streaming journey.
Related coverage of how to do it all: technology:
how to use google chromecast on your iphone, to cast video, audio and images to your tv or other screen
‘what is google chromecast?’: how to use google smart device for tvs and monitors
how to chromecast from a mac computer, to stream media or share your screen on a tv or bigger screen
how to connect your roku device to a tv and set it up for streaming