pods keep pausing content or disconnecting
Reading: How to connect blackpods to iphone
Please note that this is not due to connection issues, but to the ear detection sensor. this can happen to many people due to the natural shape of the ear canal. because of this, there is an option to disable automatic ear detection. just go to settings > bluetooth> blackpods (or whatever you called them) and turn off the toggle for automatic ear detection. pausing while listening should now not happen at all. once this setting is disabled, it will carry over to other devices.
It’s also important to keep all sensors/ports/holes clean on your pods.
matchmaking resetthis reset will help if only one pod works, and it starts glowing every time you start the case. it’s very simple.
• Press and hold the rear pairing button for 2-3 seconds while the pods are in the case.
See also: Airtame 2 set up and installation
• Forget your device from bluetooth settings, then disable bluetooth.
• Open the lid and hold the back button for a few seconds, until the light flashes, then close the lid.
• wait a full minute, then turn on bluetooth, open the cover and try to reconnect
• If it doesn’t work, take out the capsules and put them back. close the lid and wait for the light to turn off. then open it and try again. it may take 3-4 soft resets to work. if not try a hard reset ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• forget your device from bluetooth settings
• Leave the pods out of the box for several hours for the battery to drain completely. leave the case open. it is important that there is no residual charge left, so leave it out for a full day or more
• once it has drained, put the capsules back in the case and charge it for a while
• then do a soft reset. it may take 3-4 soft resets to get it working
correction of l/r imbalance
go to settings > accessibility on an ios device. alternatively on an android device: <in the settings app, select accessibility from the list. on the accessibility screen, scroll down to the on-screen text and audio section.> here you can adjust the left/right volume balance. move the slider until the audio appears to be calibrated correctly.
can’t connect to macos:forget your iphone pods. (seems to be a problem with icloud connect). try to connect it now with your mac. (optional) If you don’t hear any sound when they’re connected, try resetting them.
audio won’t play while apple watch is connected: common “watchos 7 / ios 14 error” if you’re running watchos 7 and/or ios 14, you may experience issues with your pods . connect or freeze your phone. this is not exclusive to blackpods/whitepods. this can be fixed in two ways:
1. works for all types• turn off your apple watch/put it in airplane mode/turn off bluetooth on the watch.• your airpods should now work properly.
2. only works for blackpods / whitepods pro
• with airpods pro in your ears, go to settings > bluetooth on your ios device.• tap the info button next to your pods in the device list.• tap eartip fit test.• tap continue, then tap play.• your pods should now work correctly.