Why is AOC USB monitor not working on Windows 10? — Auslogics Blog
monitors are important external devices. AOC makes low-cost monitors that consume little power, which is why they are so popular. most new aoc monitors are designed to connect to machines via usb. aoc monitors are reliable for the most part (since users rarely complain about problems with them). In this article, however, we intend to examine an issue related to AOC monitors.
“how do i connect my aoc usb monitor to my windows 10 laptop?”
This question comes up often in online forums. Before connecting the AOC USB Monitor to your computer, you may want to turn off your PC. follow these steps:
- grab the usb cable you want to use. connect one end of the usb cable to your monitor. connect the other end of the cable to your computer.
- turn on your computer. it is supposed to detect usb aoc monitor automatically.
note: if your computer is having trouble delivering enough power to the usb monitor through a certain port, you’d do well to connect the cable to another port on your pc.
“why is my aoc monitor not working?”
When you connect your aoc monitor to your machine via usb, or when you turn on your device after you have connected the aoc monitor and use it in this configuration, you expect your monitor screen to light up and start displaying some content. if the described event develops differently (for whatever reason), it considers your monitor to be faulty and says it’s not working.
Some users have reported that their aoc monitor screens keep turning on and off. Others state that they only see the AOC logo. A good number of users see a dark screen or their monitors remain blank even after connecting to their machines via usb.
We don’t know which of the described events is occurring in your case (when your aoc monitor refuses to work), so we can’t say why the device isn’t working. At best, we can infer that your problems are due to known issues affecting monitors in general.
what if the aoc e1659fwu usb monitor doesn’t work with windows 10?
some reports, especially from users with aoc e1659fwu usb monitors, indicate that the problem occurs after an upgrade to windows 10.
if you started experiencing problems with your monitor only after installing windows 10 on your computer, then you need to understand that you are not alone in this regard.
many people who have upgraded from previous versions of windows (windows 8.1, windows 8, windows 7 and others) complain about incompatibilities and problems related to their windows 10 and aoc monitors.
how to fix “aoc usb monitor not working” issue in windows 10
In this guide, we describe solutions for all cases of the “aoc not working” problem. Windows 10 is still our go-to OS, so the fixes here also apply to users who recently upgraded to Windows 10. Here we go.
fix 1: perform preliminary checks
Before resorting to advanced fixes to resolve the issue that prevents your monitor from displaying content, we strongly recommend that you perform some preliminary checks. in this way, you avoid wasting time trying to solve problems that are not even at stake.
- Check your monitor’s power supply. press the power button on your monitor to turn it on (if this step applies).
When your monitor is plugged in or connected to power, you are supposed to see a standby light. if you don’t see it, something is probably wrong with your monitor’s power supply. you may need to replace the device’s power cord.
- Check your monitor’s connection to your computer. check and confirm that the cable is correctly inserted and that the contact is strong.
If your monitor is getting power but no signal (even though it’s connected to your computer), then something might be wrong with your video cable.
- try moving or shaking the video cable to see if anything changes. if you have another video cable, you’d better use it now.
if your monitor supports vga, dvi, or hdmi, which is unlikely if your aoc monitor is the simple usb model, we recommend trying another connection method. for example, if you are currently using hdmi to connect your monitor to your computer and are having problems, you can try vga to see if things improve.
- try another port on your computer. perhaps the port you are trying to use is bad, incompatible, or faulty.
If your computer is equipped with multiple ports, especially USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, you’d do well to try each one (using the video cable) to see if it resolves your display issues.
- try another screen or monitor. If you have another display device that supports the same connection mode as your AOC monitor, you may want to use that to try things out now. you can even test your TV.
if you get the expected content on the second screen or monitor, you can take this event as a confirmation that something is wrong with your aoc monitor.
fix 2: reinstall aoc display driver
the aoc display driver is a program that defines and manages the interactions between your aoc monitor and your computer software. For this reason, the “aoc usb monitor not working” issue may have something to do with driver issues.
many users with aoc monitors reported that they were able to resolve the display failure by reinstalling the corresponding monitor drivers, so we want you to do the same. The driver reinstallation operation, especially for the AOC display driver, is a relatively simple procedure.
first, you need to uninstall the aoc display driver through the driver menu accessed from device manager. these steps cover the procedure:
- right-click the windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
The list of programs and power user menu options should appear.
- now you have to click device manager.
- In the device manager window, you should carefully review the categories, locate the monitors, and then click the expand icon next to this category.
The content of the monitor category should now be visible.
- locate the aoc monitor device, right click on it to see its menu list and then click uninstall device.
- If your computer displays an uninstall message, you must click uninstall to continue the operation.
- follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the aoc driver (if this step applies).
In addition to the aoc display driver, you may need to get rid of another program that controls the display processes related to the aoc monitor. here, we want you to check the programs menu in control panel. if you find any aoc or displaylink graphics program there, you will have to uninstall it. continue with these instructions:
- press the windows button on your machine’s keyboard.
The windows splash screen should now appear.
- type control panel in the text box that appears the moment you start typing.
windows should now run a find task for the entered query.
- from the results, click control panel.
you will be taken to the main screen of the control panel, where the content you see depends on the view by parameter.
- click the dropdown menu to view by. From the options, select the category.
- locate programs. click the uninstall a program link.
you will be taken to the uninstall or change a program screen.
- Now you have to carefully review the list of programs.
- once you find an aoc or displaylink graphics program, you must right click on it to see its context menu.
- select uninstall.
- if windows displays a confirmation message, or if the program uninstaller appears, you must click uninstall or a similar button to continue the operation.
- do whatever is necessary to uninstall the aoc or displaylink graphics program.
At this point, assuming you are done with the tasks of uninstalling the aoc drivers and programs, you should restart your computer. after connecting your aoc monitor, windows should detect the new device automatically. your system will then take action to install the necessary drivers and programs to enable the monitor function.
Solution 3: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
If you have been experiencing “aoc monitor not working” issue since you downloaded and installed windows updates, you may be able to resolve the issue by running a dedicated troubleshooter. In windows, troubleshooters are special programs designed to identify problems and inconsistencies and get rid of them.
windows is equipped with troubleshooters for different problems and scenarios. Your AOC monitor is a hardware device, so the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is the troubleshooter likely to help you with things here.
These are the instructions you need to follow to troubleshoot your aoc monitor:
- press the windows button on your keyboard or click the windows icon on your screen.
The windows start screen should appear.
- type control panel in the text box that appears as soon as you start typing.
windows will now run a search task using the keywords you provided as a query.
- from the list of results, you need to click on the control panel.
- this time, you need to set the view by parameter to large icons. click the dropdown menu and select the correct option.
- You should now click troubleshooting.
You will now be taken to the main troubleshooting menu.
- If you don’t see all the available troubleshooters, you should navigate to the top left corner of your window and then click view all.
- click hardware and sound.
- right click on hardware and devices and then select run as administrator.
The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter window should now appear.
- click advanced. now you should check the checkbox to apply fixes automatically.
- click the button below. Follow the on-screen recommendations and take the necessary actions (if this step applies) to complete the troubleshooting process.
- reboot your computer.
- verify that the aoc usb monitor is now working.
If display problems with your monitor persist, you’d do well to disconnect the aoc monitor from your machine, run the troubleshooter again, restart your computer, connect the aoc monitor to your computer, and then check things out.
fix 4: update aoc driver
At this point, if your computer is still having trouble using your aoc monitor, you should consider another case of driver issues that are responsible for your problems. here, we assume that the aoc driver is permanently damaged due to your outdated software or code. If our assumption that the driver is bad is correct, you can get your display up and running by installing a new driver.
Depending on the aoc driver your computer uses, one of the manual driver update procedures may apply to you. if you want nothing to do with such operations, you can get auslogics driver update. After running this application, it will start a scan to collect information about outdated drivers on your computer. it will then proceed to download and install new drivers to replace the old software (all with your permission, of course).
To install a new displaylink driver, follow these instructions:
- first, you need to open your web browser application. click its icon on your taskbar (or double-click its shortcut on your desktop).
- Go to the displaylink download page to get drivers.
- choose your operating system (windows).
You will be directed to the windows driver download page.
- scroll down a bit. with the latest official drivers, you need to search for windows 10 and then click the download button there.
you will be directed to the displaylink usb graphics software page for windows.
- click the accept button.
Your browser will start looking for the driver package now.
- once the download is complete, you should close your browser and then go to the directory where the driver file is stored.
- double-click the driver package to run it.
the displaylink driver installer or setup wizard window should now appear.
- Follow the on-screen recommendations and perform the necessary tasks to install the driver.
- once the installation process is finished, you need to reboot your pc.
rebooting ensures that the new driver software takes effect.
- check your monitor to confirm display issues have been resolved.
To install a new aoc display driver, follow these instructions:
- first, you need to start your web browser application. click the application icon on your taskbar or double-click its shortcut on your desktop.
- Go to the aoc service center page.
- You now need to type your monitor model into the text box on the web page and then click the search button.
- From the results presented, you need to click on your aoc monitor model.
you will be directed to the main page of your aoc monitor.
- Navigate to the top right corner and click support.
- Assuming you are now on the support page for your chosen monitor, you should scroll down and locate the driver in the Drivers and Software section.
- click on the newest driver you see. do whatever it takes to get the driver package.
- once your browser finishes downloading the driver file, you need to go to the folder where it is stored and then double-click it to run it.
The aoc display driver installer or setup wizard window should now appear.
- Follow the on-screen recommendations and perform the necessary tasks to install the new driver.
- once your computer completes the installation process, you need to reboot your pc.
The new driver should start working after a reboot.
- check your usb aoc monitor to see if it works fine on your computer now.
Other things you can try to solve “aoc usb monitor not working” issue in windows 10
fix 5: use a usb hub
here, we assume that your computer could not recognize the usb monitor device after connecting the usb monitor device to your computer port. In this case, you can use a usb hub: connect the usb monitor to the usb hub first, and then connect the hub to your computer.
Your computer should have an easier time recognizing the usb hub and working with it. for this reason the usb aoc monitor can start working as it is supposed to.
fix 6: use a short (or shorter) cable
some users report that their aoc monitors turn on and only work for a few seconds before turning off again; others complain that their monitors are not receiving information from their computers. If you fall into either group, you may be able to fix your display problems with a short cable.
It seems power interruptions are less of an issue with shorter cables, especially for aoc usb monitors, which are designed to get all their power from the usb ports. We also can’t rule out the possibility that the USB ports are at fault, as they may not be providing enough power in the first place.
Ideally, you should try as many cable and port combinations as you can and settle for the one that solves the problem for you.
We hope this guide has been helpful in your search for the best solution for the “usb aoc monitor not working” problem. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, feel free to contact us through the comments section below.