the echo dot is perfect for playing music or listening to other types of audio. It can be used as a bluetooth speaker or connected to a larger speaker via aux cable to play songs with better sound quality. That said, you may be wondering if you can use Echo Dot as a computer speaker, and if so, how.
Below, we’ll cover all the steps to connect your echo dot to your computer so you can start listening to audio from videos, games, and more through your device.
Reading: How to connect alexa to monitor
how do I use echo dot as a computer speaker?
Depending on the computer you own, connecting the Echo Dot as a speaker may have slightly different steps.
To connect the echo dot as a speaker to a windows computer or laptop, follow these steps:
- go to the amazon alexa page on your computer’s web browser.
- log in to your account using your amazon account details.
- go to settings.
- select bluetooth.
- choose pair a new device.
- it will start to search for pairable devices.
- open the windows bluetooth and other device settings page.
- click add bluetooth or other device.
- click bluetooth when it takes you to the new page.
The two devices should find each other and sync up. As long as the two devices are in range, they should be able to automatically find each other and connect. If not, you may need to give alexa a voice command to connect to the computer. (make sure you call your device what you called it in your settings).
try to say:
- “alexa, connect to desktop.”
- “alexa, connect to laptop.”
- “alexa, connect to ryan’s laptop.”
If you have a mac computer or a laptop, the steps to connect your echo dot to your device will be slightly different:
- Open the alexa settings page in your computer’s web browser.
- Sign in to your amazon account.
- click the bluetooth symbol at the top right of your mac. it should be to the left of the wi-fi symbol.
- select connect.
- if the bluetooth symbol does not appear, go to the menu apple. then choose system preferences, then click bluetooth.
- select show bluetooth in the toolbar menu.
- click the bluetooth symbol.
- choose your device from the dropdown menu.
- select connect.
It should take a few minutes for your mac to connect to the echo point. an instruction page may appear and ask you to answer a few questions. your devices will connect automatically once you have finished browsing the instruction pages.
can i connect my echo dot to my computer with aux?
your echo dot can be used as a speakerphone with various devices, including computers, as long as they are connected via bluetooth. In other words, the device you want to connect to via echo dot must support bluetooth for it to work.
Please note that the echo dot cannot be used as a speaker with an auxiliary cable because it does not have an auxiliary output function. so when it comes to connecting with your computer, you can only connect via bluetooth.
why won’t my echo dot connect to my computer?
There are a few reasons why your echo dot might not be able to connect to your computer or establish a strong bluetooth connection. If the computer can’t find your echo dot, follow these steps:
- press the button on your echo dot until you see the orange light.
- follow the on-screen instructions on your computer to set up the echo dot.
- click continue on the next page.
- click the wi-fi network button on your computer and select the network that says “amazon-xxx”. the three x’s will be different letters and numbers for everyone.
- wait for alexa to connect. the computer should display a screen that says your amazon device is getting ready.
- once done, the setup page should say “this device is ready”.
If you experience other connection problems, follow these tips:
- turn bluetooth on your computer off and on again.
- turn your computer off and on again.
- turn bluetooth on echo dot off and on again. </li
- make sure the echo dot and the computer are in the same room or area.
- try moving the devices closer together.
Your echo dot can be used as a computer speaker by connecting the two devices with bluetooth. Go to your computer’s settings page, select bluetooth, then find your device and select connect. follow the instructions on the screen and voila!
Of course, if you have any trouble connecting, try the troubleshooting tips above.