How to Connect Alexa to Your Computer : HelloTech How
If you have an amazon echo device and a computer, it can make things a lot easier for you by connecting them together. Connecting your Alexa device to your computer makes it easy to add music, videos, and audiobooks to your device. You can also create shopping lists and to-do lists, set reminders and alarms, and add Alexa skills with ease. Here’s how to connect your Alexa device to a Mac or Windows 10 computer:
how to connect alexa to a windows 10 or mac computer
To connect alexa to your computer, go to alexa.amazon.com and sign in with your amazon account or create a new one. then go to the website and click settings > set up a new device and follow the on-screen instructions.
note: this guide is about how to connect an alexa device, like an echo smart speaker, to your computer. If you don’t have an Alexa device, check out our guide on how to download the Alexa app on your Windows 10 computer. This will allow you to give Alexa voice commands from your desktop.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to alexa.amazon.com.
- Sign in to your Amazon account or create a new one. If you’re an existing Amazon user, you can sign in with your email address and password and click Sign-in. Otherwise, click on Create a new Amazon account. On the next page, type in your name and email address and create a password. Next, click on Create your Amazon account.
- Next, click Settings. You will find the Settings button in the left sidebar.
- Then click Set up a new device. From the Settings menu page, you will find this as the very first option under the Devices panel.
- Choose a device to set up. Click on your device name from the list of Amazon devices. You might have to scroll down if you don’t see your device name up top.
- Then click Continue to sign in again. There will be a prompt telling you that you need to sign in again to continue setting up your device. Click Continue.
- Enter your username and password and click Log-in. You will be taken to another Amazon Alexa login page. Provide your password and click on the blue Login button.
- Then click Continue.
- Press the button with the dot on your Alexa device until you see an orange light. You will get on-screen instructions on the webpage, asking you to plug your Amazon device into an electrical socket. Once your device is plugged in, press the button with the dot for six to 10 seconds until you see an orange light. Alexa will then say, “Now in setup mode. Follow the instructions in your Alexa app.”
- Then click Continue on your computer.
- Connect your Alexa device to your computer’s WiFi network. If you’re using a Windows 10 computer, you can access your WiFi network by clicking on the network icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Then select the WiFi network with the format Amazon-XXX, where the Xs are a combination of numbers and letters. If you don’t see this network right away, wait a minute for it to pop up.
Note: if you are using a Mac computer, you will see your WiFi network button in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then click Continue to finish the set up on your computer. Alexa will say, “You’ve connected. Now, go back to the Alexa app.” On your browser, you will see a message telling you to continue the setup for your specific device. Click the blue Continue button.
- Select your WiFi network on the next webpage. Click on the network you would like to use for connecting to your device.
Note: It might take a few tries to connect to your WiFi network.
note: for best results, make sure you have checked the auto connect button on your wifi network.
If you want to know all the cool things Alexa can do, check out our article here.
hellotech editors choose the products and services we write about. when you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.