need help connecting your airpods to your tv?
then you’ve come to the right place.
Reading: How to connect airpods to television
In this article, we’ll outline the steps you need to take to make that happen.
read on to find out:
- 3 easy steps to connect your airpods to your TV.
- what to do if your airpods can’t connect to your TV successfully.
- if the process for connecting your airpods to your TV varies by TV brand.
- and much more…
how to connect airpods to tv (universal): 3 steps
#1: turn on bluetooth on your airpods
To begin this process, first, turn on bluetooth on your airpods.
doing this is very easy. you just need:
- Place your airpods inside your charging case.
- Open the cover of the charging case.
- Press and hold the setting button on the back of the case .
- wait for the case status light to flash white.
“what does the flashing white light mean?”
means your airpods are now in pairing mode.
Note: When a device is in pairing mode, it means that it is ready to connect to another device via bluetooth.
and you can continue to the next step.
#2: Turn on bluetooth on your TV
then turn on bluetooth on your TV.
The process varies depending on the brand of your TV.
see this guide for help.
for a sony tv, you can enable bluetooth by doing the following:
- on your remote, go to start and then find settings.
- navigate to network & accessories, then select “bluetooth settings”.
- set bluetooth to “on”.
for a panasonic tv, you must:
- open your TV menu on your remote.
- open settings, then go to “bluetooth settings”.
- then select “devices bluetooth” or “devices”. ”
how about for a vizio tv?
- go to the menu, then navigate to settings on your remote.
- use the arrow buttons to select “network”.
- finally, look for “bluetooth “.
For other brands of TVs, the main difference in these steps will be the specific names of the options.
for example: on some TVs, you’ll need to go to settings. but in others, you have to go to settings.
To be sure, you can refer to its manual.
read next: are bluetooth headsets encrypted? 7 safety data
#3: connect your airpods to your TV via bluetooth
Now it’s time to pair your airpods with your TV.
As with bluetooth activation, this can change from brand to brand.
if you have a panasonic TV:
- go to your remote’s menu then select “settings”.
- navigate to “bluetooth settings” then “devices”.
- select your airpods .
for a sony TV:
- Go to your remote control settings.
- Search for “remote & accessories” or “bluetooth settings”.
- select “pair accessory” or “add device”.
- search your airpods and select them to pair.
“what if I have a different type of TV?”
that’s not a problem. just use your remote to navigate to the list of bluetooth devices on your TV.
then select your airpods.
that’s it, now you’re ready.
how to connect airpods to apple tv: 3 steps
#1: use your apple id
if you have an apple tv, connecting your airpods to it should be easy.
in fact, if you are using the same apple id on your TV as you are on your wireless headphones.
your airpods will automatically connect to your TV…
so do you have an apple id that you haven’t set up on your tv yet?
You can login with your credentials by doing the following:
- go to your TV settings.
- select “users and accounts”, then go to “add new user”.
- go to “enter new. ..” and follow the onscreen prompts.
“what if I don’t have an apple id yet?”
getting one will not be difficult. you just need:
- Go to the apple id web page.
- click or tap “create your apple id” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- fill in the necessary fields and submit your data.
#2: set your airpods to pairing mode
You can also choose to manually connect your AirPods to your Apple TV.
To do this, first set your airpods to pairing mode.
- open your charging case and put your airpods inside it.
- keep the lid open.
- find the settings button on the back of your case charging.
- press and release this until the status light flashes white.
#3: pair your airpods with your apple tv
finally, connect your airpods to your apple tv. here are the steps:
- on your TV, go to settings.
- navigate to “remote controls and devices”.
- select “bluetooth”.
- search your airpods and select it to pair.
see this process here:
how to connect airpods to samsung tv: 3 steps
#1: check if your samsung tv supports bluetooth
for a samsung tv, the airpods connection process will not be as easy as with an apple tv.
But that doesn’t mean it’s going to be difficult.
To get started, first make sure your Samsung TV supports Bluetooth.
To do that, consider this important question:
Does your TV have a smart remote?
if your answer is yes, then your samsung tv has bluetooth enabled.
“but I don’t have a remote.”
okay, you can go to your TV settings and see if it supports bluetooth.
to do this:
- get your remote and go to menu then settings.
- search for “sound” then select “sound output”.
- check if you have the “bluetooth speaker ready” option.
if so, then you don’t have to worry about anything. your TV has bluetooth.
#2: activate the pairing of your airpods
continue to the next step.
Turn on pairing mode for your airpods. you can do it by:
- Place your airpods inside the charging case.
- Make sure to keep the cover open.
- Press and release the button on the back of the case load .
- wait until a white light flashes, then release the button.
#3: connect your airpods to your samsung tv
and lastly, connect your airpods to your samsung tv.
for samsung smart tv 2014:
menu> sound> speaker setup> sound output> bluetooth headset > your airpods.
for samsung smart tv 2015:
menu> sound> additional settings> bluetooth audio> your airpods.
for samsung smart tv 2016:
menu> settings> sound> expert settings> wireless speaker manager> bluetooth audio devices> your airpods.
for samsung smart tvs from 2017, 2018 and 2019:
menu> settings> sound> sound output> bluetooth speaker list> your airpods.
you may also be interested in: (9 fixes) disney plus not working on samsung tv
why won’t my airpods connect to my tv? 3 causes & solutions
#1: you have to charge your airpods
If your airpods won’t connect to your TV, your airpods may be in low battery mode.
“How do I know if they are?”
You can check the battery level of your airpods through different methods.
first, you can use your iphone, ipad or ipod touch:
- Place your airpods inside your charging case.
- Open the lid.
- Place the case near your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- check the battery level.
Also, you can use the battery widget on your screen.
- put only 1 airpod inside your charging case.
- on your phone home screen, touch and hold any empty space.
- select the plus icon at the top , then find “batteries”.
- tap “add widget” and then drag it to your home screen.
- check battery levels.
if your airpods are connected to your mac or apple watch…
you can also use any of them to check the battery level of your airpods.
and you can ask siri.
just say, “hey siri, how much battery life do my airpods have?”
if your airpods don’t have enough battery to work…
you can charge them by placing them inside your charging case.
once they have enough battery power, try connecting them to your TV again.
#2: your airpods may need cleaning
dirty airpods will also have trouble connecting to TVs.
make sure there is no dirt on your airpods:
- using a lint-free cloth.
- cleaning with disinfectant wipes.
note: if you use wipes, make sure your airpods don’t get wet.
“but I thought airpods are waterproof.”
yes, they are. but they are not waterproof.
They will be damaged if moisture seeps through any of the openings.
#3: you need to restart your airpods
If none of the above solutions worked, please reset your airpods.
“how do I do that?”
step 1: place your airpods inside their charging case.
step 2: close the charging case.
step 3: keep them inside for at least 30 seconds.
Step 4: Open the charging case.
step 5: disconnect your airpods from your iphone, ipad or ipod touch.
- go to your device settings.
- search for bluetooth, then search for bluetooth.
- tap the “i” icon next to your airpods.
- select “forget this device” and then tap to confirm.
Step 6: Make sure the charging case lid stays open.
Step 7: Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds.
Step 8: Wait until the status light turns amber and then white.
once you’ve reset your airpods, set them up again.
then try connecting them to your TV one more time.
If it still doesn’t work, contact your TV manufacturer for help.
and if the tv connects to other bluetooth devices…
contact apple support.