Are you trying to create a snapchat video with your airpod and it’s not recording audio? or you can’t add music via snapchat using your airpod?
well, if your answer is yes to both questions. this article is totally for you.
I know that the described situation may be very annoying for you because I have faced the problem before. In this article, I have shortlisted the methods that you can implement when you are facing the airpod problem, followed by the main reasons behind airpods snapchat disturbance.
so let’s start with why don’t airpods work on snapchat?
I have mentioned the common causes behind the airpod not working issue. I will discuss other possible reasons and provide any solutions that have worked for me. Keep reading to know more.
Follow our guide to fix airpods not working with nintendo switch
why is my airpod not working?
as i said before, there are various reasons behind airpod malfunction with snapchat, and i will mention each of them here.
- The reason is a faulty firmware update.
- Sometimes glitches in the operating system can cause you this problem.
- Suppose any of the other apps on your device are running on background while you are recording video with snapchat. in that case, the other app is probably interfering with snapchat to use the airpod.
- errors and crashes in the snapchat app also cause the problem with the airpod.
- Setting the volume level of your device too low can also create problems with recording sound and voice memos using the airpod.
these reasons are responsible for your airpod situation with snapchat. strive with me for the next few minutes to solve the problem for good.
all you have to do is check out our latest fix for airpods not working with xbox series x/s
how to fix airpod not working on snapchat
It is a common fact that apple does not allow some third-party apps to record videos or voice memos with the airpod. make sure that’s not the case by simply making a call or recording a video with the airpod connected.
hopefully the airpod will work fine. if not, you can try to implement the following methods. If you are able to perform the following tricks, I can assure you that the problem will not bother you anymore.
but before applying the fixes, be sure to check the volume settings at least twice. make sure the microphone and media volumes are at the maximum level. If your mobile is in silent mode, make sure you have turned it off. And one last thing, make sure you don’t have any background apps running except snapchat.
I hope you’ve done all that. now, just follow the instructions here and act accordingly.
also, check out our separate post on fixing airpods not working with chromebook
method 1. change snapchat settings
This fix will work if your airpod mic works with other apps, but not the snapchat app. unlock your phone and follow the steps below.
- go to the settings menu of your mobile.
- select snapchat in the application menu.
- tap the microphone to check if snapchat has access to use the microphone.
- turn it off if it’s already enabled. wait a moment and enable again.
After the process is complete, check if it works properly. This procedure should resolve the airpod microphone and sound problem.
here is a complete guide on how to fix airpods not working on netflix
method 2. unpair and re-pair airpods
If the malfunction is due to faulty pairing of the airpods, please try to pair the device again. you don’t know how to do that? try the following steps.
- go to your iphone settings.
- scroll down to bluetooth settings.
- tap the i button next to airpods.
- select forget this device from the menu.
this process will unpair the airpod. After that, put the airpods in their case, press and hold the button on the case and follow the on-screen instructions to repair the device.
Please check if the issue is resolved or not after pairing. if not, apply the following methods.
see our separate post on fixing airpods not showing on apple tv
method 3. reset network settings
Your device settings have control to connect to various networks, particularly bluetooth devices. If your network configuration is problematic, it could cause the airpod to malfunction. To avoid this, you can reset the network settings as follows.
- Go to your mobile’s settings menu.
- scroll down to general settings and tap reset option.
- select reset network settings from that menu.
everything is ready. this process may take a minute. But remember that resetting network settings will require re-pairing bluetooth devices and reconnecting wi-fi password etc.
follow our guide to fix how to fix messages not sent on snapchat
method 4. update your device
make sure the device you are using or connect the airpod is up to date. If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, make sure it has the latest version of iOS and is compatible with the AirPod.
updating the firmware will fix the bugs and glitches in your operating system. just search the internet for the latest update > download the files > install > restart your device.
If the malfunction is due to an outdated software version, this procedure will resolve it.
all you have to do is check out our latest fix: airpods not working on messenger calls
method 5. reset airpod
If any of those above methods couldn’t help you with the airpod not working issue, please try resetting the airpod. you can do it by following these simple steps.
- put your airpods into the smart case (charging case).
- open the cover. you will see a small white button on the back of the case.
- press and hold the button for 30 seconds. you will notice a white notification light blinking continuously.
this process will reset the airpod. go through the pairing process and connect the airpod to your device. if you have different apple devices, the connection to one of them will be paired with the rest using the apple id.
all you have to do is check out our latest fix for airpods not working on one side in less than 2 minutes
method 6. update the snapchat app
ok, enough with the device and the airpod. If you completed the above methods successfully and still have the problem, the culprit is your snapchat app. the main solution is to update the application.
This is how you can update the app and resolve the not working issue:
- check apple store on your mobile device (for iphone users) / play store (for android users) if there is any update available.
- click updatebutton if there is one.
- complete the installation process.
If a bug or glitch in the software has caused the problem for you, updating the app will solve the problem as the app developers release updates to fix the bugs and glitches.
also, check out our exclusive tutorial on how can’t change snapchat username
method 7. reinstall snapchat
reinstalling the software will help you remove the application settings and remove other faulty mechanisms that prevent the airpods from working properly.
this is how you can reinstall snapchat:
- tap and hold the snapchat icon on your phone.
- tap the x sign/uninstall button when it appears to remove the app.
- Go to the app store/play store from your mobile.
- Search for snapchat and click install when you find it.
this final method should solve all your problems regarding airpod not working in this app.
these are the best solutions you can implement when you have the problem on your device. feel free to do all of these if applying one or two doesn’t solve the problem. in fact, I recommend that you implement these fixes in an order so that the issue is permanently resolved.
Note: Snapchat requires the maximum volume level on your device to record audio. check the volume level before applying all these methods.
see our separate post on how to tell if someone deleted snapchat
Now that you know the proper mechanism why you are facing the connectivity issue and how to resolve it, it’s time to enforce the process.
And I can assure you that if you have read the entire article carefully and followed the process as I explained, you will be able to solve the problem on your own.
but again, if you encounter any obstacles in solving the problem, feel free to comment below. I will help you as soon as possible.