How to Mirror Your iPhone to Roku : HelloTech How
roku devices now support airplay and apple homekit. That means you can mirror your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer to select 4K Roku devices. Screen Mirroring allows you to display anything on your iPhone screen directly on your TV. Here’s how to mirror your iphone to a roku device and which roku devices support airplay.
how to mirror iphone to roku device
To mirror your iphone to a roku device, open control center on your iphone. then tap the screen mirroring button and select your roku device from the popup list. Finally, enter the code that appears on your TV on your iPhone and tap ok.
Note: To mirror your iPhone to a Roku, you must first update to Roku OS 9.4. To learn how to update your Roku device manually, check out our step-by-step guide here.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone. To do this on an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe of from the bottom of your screen.
- Then tap Screen Mirroring. This will have a symbol with two rectangles stacked on top of each other. Depending on what you have in your Control Center, you may or may not see any words.
- Next, select your Roku device.
Note: If you do not see your Roku device listed, make sure that it is turned on and connected to the same WiFi network as your iPhone. You can find out which WiFi network your Roku device is connected to by going to Settings > Network > About on your Roku device. Then you can change your WiFi network by going to Settings > Network > Set up connection and selecting Wireless.
once you select your roku device, you should see a code appear on your tv like this:
- Then enter the code from your TV on your iPhone
- Finally, tap OK to mirror your iPhone to your Roku device.
You can stop mirroring at any time by pressing the home button on your roku remote. or you can go back to control center on your iphone, select screen mirroring and then tap stop mirroring.
if you are having trouble mirroring your iphone to your roku device, you need to make sure your device supports airplay first.
what roku devices support airplay?
Currently, only certain Roku 4K devices support AirPlay, including select models of the Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Streambar, Roku Express, and Roku Smart Soundbar.
to find out if your roku device supports airplay, you can go to settings > system > about on your roku device and compare its model number to the chart below.
note: the “x’s” in the above box are placeholders. If you have a roku tv that contains the same letters and numbers without the “x’s”, it should support airplay.
If your Roku device doesn’t support AirPlay, you can still use your iPhone to “cast” videos, music, and photos to your TV. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to stream content from your iPhone to a Roku device for more information.
If you have a compatible roku device and you still can’t mirror your iphone, you may need to change the airplay settings on your roku device. here’s how:
how to change airplay settings on your roku device
To change the airplay settings on a roku device, press the home button on your remote and go to settings > apple airplay and home kit then select airplay and homekit settings and make sure airplay is on.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote. This is the button with the house-shaped logo at the top of your Roku remote.
- Then press the left directional button. This will let you access the menu bar on the left side of your screen.
- Next, select Settings. You can do this by pressing the up directional button on your remote once. Then press the OK button on your remote.
- Then scroll down to select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. You can select this by pressing the OK button on your remote.
Note: If you don’t see this, make sure that you are running Roku OS 9.4. You can do this by going to Settings > System > About and checking under Software version. If you are running Roku OS 9.4 on an AirPlay-compatible Roku device, try restarting your device by going to Settings > System > System restart.
- Finally, make sure AirPlay is turned on. If AirPlay is turned off, select it to turn it on.
You can also change other settings in this window. For example, you can require an iPhone to enter a code each time you want to mirror your Roku device. Additionally, you can set up HomeKit on your Roku device, which will allow you to ask Siri to control your TV. for example, you can say “hey siri, turn off my roku tv.”
This article has been updated with more recent information.
hellotech editors choose the products and services we write about. when you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.