google nest minis are great to have in any home and can allow you to use many smart home automation features. They also allow you to cast and stream directly from your Android phone or iPhone using the Google Home app.
In general, the process to connect the google nest mini to your iphone or android phone is similar. Next, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to get started using Google Nest Mini with any device.
how do i connect my google home mini to my phone?
The steps below describe how to connect the 1st and 2nd generation Google Nest Minis to your iPhone or Android device. If you need help finding out which device you have or need to connect to your phone with a different device, you can refer to this article.
These are the items you need before setting up your phone:
- the google nest mini
- the latest version of the google home app on your phone
- access to your google account
- an internet connection
- a secure wireless network
You will also need a phone with the following capabilities:
- an android 6.0 or later or an ios device running 12.0 or later
- works with 2.4ghz and 5 ghz (must have both and cannot use a wpa-2 enterprise network)
- bluetooth that is on
- connection to a secure wireless network
Once you have configured and updated all these features and applications, you can follow the steps below for android and iphone:
- plug in your google nest mini. Please note that if you purchased the device from a previous user, you must first perform a factory reset.
- Open the google home app on your iphone or android.</li
- click the (+) icon.
- select configure device.
- select new device .
- The app will now guide you through all the steps you need to complete.
If the set up devices option does not automatically appear on the screen, you can follow these steps instead:
- From the google home app, tap get started
- tap set up new devices.
- Tap create another home.
- select next.
- enter the nickname and address of your home.
- You can then select new device and the app will guide you through the remaining setup steps.
why won’t my google nest mini connect to my phone?
The above steps almost always work, but if for some reason your phone is having trouble connecting, the troubleshooting steps are very simple:
- First, make sure your Wi-Fi is working properly and you’re not experiencing any issues.
- While setting up your phone, keep your nest mini and your phone in the same room so they can discover each other. yes.
- make sure your google nest mini is on and not flashing orange or red.
- make sure your google home app is running on the latest software version.
- make sure your phone is connected to the same wi-fi network you want your nest mini to use.
If all of these items seem to be working correctly, you may need to restart google nest mini:
- unplug the nest mini.
- wait about 10 seconds.
- plug the mini back in.
You may also need to restart the google home app. completely close the app and then reopen it. you may also need to force quit to close completely before rebooting.
what can i do with google nest mini with my phone?
Once you’ve paired the Google Nest Mini to your phone, you can use the Google Home app to access many apps and stream content. These are just some of the things you can do through the app:
- cast music from the cloud.
- cast podcasts and songs from a variety of applications.
- use google cast.
- cast content from netflix, hulu and other streaming platforms.
For a complete guide on using the app to control all your media, watch this video.
Connecting your new Google Nest Mini to your phone with the Google Home app is simple. use the add icon (+) to add a new device. set up the device using the prompts in the app. just make sure your google apps are up to date and your wi-fi is working before you start.