How to Pair JBL Earbuds – Swift Moves
jbl has long been one of the best brands for getting crisp, clear audio quality without spending unbelievable sums of money. their headphones are another example of this philosophy that has placed them at the forefront of the audio equipment industry.
jbl has made all of their headsets nearly universal in their user interface, making it very easy for people to figure out their bluetooth pairing regardless of which headset they’ve purchased. In this article, we’ll go over how to pair JBL headphones to iOS and Android devices, TVs, MacBooks, and even laptops.
universal steps to pair jbl headphones
first things first, you should only pair your earphones when they have reached a full charge if this is your first time pairing.
- Turn on your headphones if they haven’t turned on automatically and activate bluetooth pairing mode. for most headsets this will be indicated by a flashing blue light on the headset.
- bluetooth mode can be activated via a dedicated bluetooth button on your headset or by holding down the center button for five seconds until it turns off, and then turn on the headset again.
- When the headset flashes blue, it means it is in pairing mode.
- on the device you want to pair make sure bluetooth capabilities are turned on and that it is actively searching for new bluetooth connections.
- jbl headphones should appear in your list of selectable bluetooth options if they haven’t already been automatically connected.
- Once you have completed this process, your headset should be stored in the bluetooth options of your preferred device.
If you are having difficulty starting pairing mode on your earbuds, press and hold the center button on the right earbud for five seconds until it turns off. when powered on it should be in pairing mode.
some jbl headphones will not have a bluetooth button, but should have a middle button in the middle of the volume buttons, long press it to start pairing.
how to pair with ios & android devices
Despite the different user interfaces that android and apple phones use, getting bluetooth to work is pretty much the same process, more or less. this should cover conclusively and typically once you do this your phone should remember the headset indefinitely.
- Remove one of the earbuds (preferably the right one) from the case to start pairing or press the center button to turn it off and on to force start bluetooth pairing. some headphones will have a bluetooth button that you can press to start pairing.
- for ios, go to settings > bluetooth and then enable bluetooth. For android, access settings via the dropdown menu (by swiping down on the screen) or via the settings button in your apps. from there go to connections > bluetooth and enable bluetooth.
- start scanning for new bluetooth devices and select your jbl headphones from the dropdown (for android this will probably be in the available devices).
- your headphone should be now be connected to your phone and once you remove the other earbud, it will automatically connect to the other one.
how to sync with TVs
You should check if your TV is bluetooth capable when trying to pair it with jbl headphones to avoid the headache of an unfortunate discovery later on. More and more TVs have this option in recent years, but it’s certainly not a universal feature.
If your television does not have bluetooth capabilities, there are several quality bluetooth adapters on the market.
- Enable pairing mode on your jbl headphones. it could be a specific button or just press the center button on the earbuds for five seconds and then turn them back on.
- your earbuds will flash blue if they’re in pairing mode.
- oops Go to your TV’s setup menus and locate the bluetooth menu.
- There should be an option to scan or “search for new bluetooth devices”. whatever it is, click on it and wait for your jbl headphones to show up in available pairings or available devices.
- after a few moments of connection (make sure the two devices are not obstructed or too far apart) your TV should pair successfully with your headphones!
how to pair with your laptop or macbook
unlike ios and android devices, the process of activating bluetooth on a laptop and a macbook is a bit different. they differ in ways that have less to do with how to pair the headset and more to do with the difference in operating systems. We’ll go over both of them separately to avoid confusion and to make the instructions as concise and understandable as possible.
- In the upper left corner of your screen, there is an apple icon. click on it and then go to system preferences > bluetooth.
- in the new tab, enable bluetooth mode.
- there will be an option “show bluetooth in menu bar”, select it.
- now remove your earbuds from the charging case and turn on bluetooth mode. depending on the type of jbl headphones you have, you can do this by pressing the bluetooth button or holding the center button for five seconds and then turning the headphones back on.
- From the list of available options, you should see your jbl headphones, select them and wait for the pairing to complete.
- will flash blue when pairing.
- go to devices > bluetooth and amplifier; other devices
- enable bluetooth and then click the “+” sign at the top of the tab.
- ignore the bottom two options and select bluetooth.
- your jbl headphones should appear and after selecting them connect to your laptop.
Bluetooth has become increasingly versatile over the years and with the ease of use offered by JBL headphones, it’s never been easier to take advantage of it. once you connect your headphones to a device, they should stay in bluetooth memory so you never have to worry about the process again.