- You can easily set up a Google Home Mini or Google Nest Mini with the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- The Google Home app is available on iPhone and Android and is used to set up all google home devices.
- you can use the google home app to customize your google home or nest speaker.
- visit the business insider technical reference library for more stories .
Smart speakers like Google Home Mini and Google Nest Mini act as personal assistants right from your counter. Using just your voice, you can command them to play music, make calls, search the web, set reminders, and more.
They’re convenient, easy to use, and easy to set up – all you need is the Google Home app on your iPhone or Android.
Reading: Google mini speaker how to connect
how to set up a google home mini or a google nest mini
1. connect your google home mini or google nest mini. the device will light up and beep, indicating that you can proceed to the next step.
2. Download the Google Home app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and open the app. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that you will use for your Google Home Mini or Google Nest Mini.
3. Tap “start” in the app to start.
quick tip: if you’ve already set up a google device with the app, it will open to the “home” screen. You can add a new device from this screen by tapping the plus icon in the top left and then selecting “set up device”. once you’ve done this, skip to step four.
4. confirm which google account you want to link and tap “accept”.
4. Choose “home” or “create another home” if you’re setting up in an alternate location, such as an office, and tap “next”.
5. the app will automatically start searching for devices. when you find the correct device, tap “next”.
6. To test that the connection was successful, your google device will make a sound. tap “yes” in the google home app when you hear it.
7. You will be prompted to agree to Google’s additional legal terms. tap “I agree” to continue with the setup.
8. On the next screen, you can choose to receive or reject sending crash reports to google for your device. choose “yes, I agree” or “no, thanks” to continue.
9. choose a location for your google home mini or google nest mini, then tap “next”.
10. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, set up Wi-Fi. tap the same network for your google home mini or google nest mini that you use for your smartphone.
From here, you can turn all sorts of additional settings on or off with the google home app, including streaming service linking, google assistant settings, and voice call settings.
Technical reference related coverage:
‘what is a google home hub?’: everything you need to know about google’s smart device that can help you navigate everyday life
how to reset any google home device to its factory settings, if it’s not working right or you plan to sell it
how to add a siriusxm subscription to your google home device and listen to satellite radio at home
you can’t change the name your google home responds to, but you can change the device name in the app; this is how
how to use your google home device as a music speaker in 2 different ways